Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.01.2018

Caffeine hunt

In my never ending quest to ingest enough caffeine into my body to stay awake during the day, I have found some new products that work great AND are low in Weight Watcher points.

If you have been reading long enough, you know that this has been an ongoing quest for quite some time. When Starbucks came out with the Refreshers, I was instantly smitten because soda and chai lattes were simply not enough caffeine. I have been drinking those for a while, but they don't have THAT much caffeine in them and it turns out that they are 3 WW points each.


So what can I recommend?


I was recently down in St. Louis for a work trip and was looking for something to keep me awake during very boring meetings. I happened to see this at the grocery store and picked it up in the hopes that it would help. This is good for the afternoon pick-me-up when you don't need a huge jolt of caffeine, but something to wake you up. I like it better than powdered stuff because you just squeeze the liquid into water- no need to stir! Pro tip- I also tried the Blue Citrus version and I like the Orange Tropical Fusion better.

Zero WW points!

Randomly a sorority sister reached out to me about this product after seeing me complain about caffeine on Facebook. Advocare is a MLM company so the annoying thing about this is that I have to order online and get it shipped to my house instead of finding it in the stores. However, it has tons of caffeine (120mg) and is great for hot days when you don't want hot coffee. I like the Fruit Punch or Mango Strawberry flavors.

Zero WW points!

The next product I happened to taste only because they were handing it out as samples at Union Station in Chicago as I walked to work. I took one thinking that I would absolutely hate it because it was going to taste too much like coffee and it was cold. However, when I got to work and tried it, I actually liked it. Good before long car rides as it doesn't make you need to pee 10 minutes after consuming it. The only drawback is the price- I have been able to find them for 2 for $5 which is pretty steep.


Two WW points

Finally, the best and lowest point creamer that I have found has been the one below. Coffee Mate's Sugar Free French Vanilla liquid creamer (the powder creamers are gross in my opinion). I can put 3 tablespoons of this stuff in coffee and it is only one WW point!




What is your favorite way to ingest caffeine? :-) Have you tried any of these products?


***As always, I have not been asked to review these products OR compensated for blogging about them. Just wanted to let other caffeine-challenged folks know about them if they are interested!***



4 comments:

torthĂșil said...

I didn’t know any of these existed! I only drink coffee or instant coffee if I’m alone at home. Too much caffeine makes me sick. Intrigued by the one that doesn’t make you pee though. That’s an eternal problem of mine (eg I now avoid coffee before road trips, or we will never get out of town) night

vkhodson said...

Maybe try the brand "Hint"? It's fruit infused water and the "Kick" variety has caffeine (60mg in each 16oz bottle so not a big jolt but more than soda and way healthier).

Charlotte said...

I am curious to look up that Coffee shot drink. I don’t react well to most of the added things in energy drinks and such (taurine especially) so I usually just stick to coffee. I can’t stand tea of any kind. But I have been working to not use so much creamer . I found Califia Farms makes almond milk creamer that has fewer calories and natural sugar but is not as sweet. I usually make a combo of creamers and each day try and use less so I can eventually take my coffee less sweet. So far it’s working pretty well. I also buy flavored coffee pods for my Keurig, and that helps not need it so sweet also.

Charlotte said...

Hey!! I just saw Starbucks just came out with K-cups that have 2x’s the caffeine...there was a coupon in this weeks newspaper for them. Might be worth checking out!!