So Friday afternoon I got a surprise phone call from my manager- I am headed down to DC for three months. As of the day before, my rotation down there was postponed, if not cancelled entirely. So this was quite a change of events.
Yesterday and today I have been rushing around trying to get everything ready. Contacting friends in DC to tell them that I will see them soon (including my maid of honor J). Forwarding my mail. Getting my housing all set. Wrapping up all of my projects here at work. Phew!
I leave Monday, my first day is Tuesday. I will stay at a very nice apartment complex through a furnished corporate housing company that is only two blocks from one of my college friends. Unfortunately they are not able to get me in on Monday, so I have to stay at a hotel for three nights and then move in after work on the 2nd. Oh well.
Poor CP is going to be stuck in our small town with Fuzzy Britches as his only friend within an hour drive. I hope that he decides to come down twice as opposed to just once, but we’ll see. That means having to figure out what to do with the dog, but maybe we can use my per diem for that. There are obviously many more things going on in DC!
I offered to help him do a bunch of household things before I left, but he said no because he needs things to do while I am gone! So sad. He also hasn’t done his own laundry in two years (seriously) so I fear coming back to large loads of laundry! Not to mention garbage piled up in our trash bin outside because he won’t remember that he has to put it out before leaving for work on Thursday. He IS 32, but still- I do a lot of those things at home because he simply doesn't remember.
While I am looking forward to the opportunity, I am very sad that CP and I will be apart for three months. I know that our relationship can handle it, but that's not to say that it will be fun...
2 comments:
Aww. I'm sorry that y'all are going to have to be apart for three months. I've found that it is so hard for my boy and I, but at the same time, the time we get to spend together is so much more special because we savor every moment. Hopefully, it'll be the same for you. *hugs*
Good luck, lady!
Yep, it is a bittersweet moment. But I think that it is a great opportunity and in three months you will be back.
Good luck with the last minute things!
Post a Comment