An occasional series of some of the worst dates in my life and/or general disasters with the opposite sex. I am what you would call a “serial monogamist” so I didn’t go on tons of dates, instead choosing the people that I wanted to date carefully and generally dating them for a while. It’s the guys that didn’t last very long that provide the best material (or the ones that I drunkenly kissed).
Dating Disaster #4
This guy was someone I met on a pub crawl after first starting law school. It was early on first semester, I was completely stressed and needed to knock a few back. A few bars into the crawl, I started to get drunk and talk to some of the guys. I’m not sure what attracted me to the guy that I ended up talking to, but he was tall and seemed interested.
We ended up hanging out throughout the rest of the crawl. The last bar happened to be near my house so I invited him back, making sure to tell him that nothing would happen.* We kissed a bit before passing out.
The next morning, we were both terribly hungover. As soon as he woke up, he asked me to rub his back because he wasn’t feeling well. WTF? Really? I’m not your girlfriend or your mother so what makes you think that I am going to rub your back?
I most certainly did not rub his back, but did feel bad enough to drive him back to his house. At some point on the crawl I must have given him my phone number as he called a few days later inviting me out to dinner. I guess I wanted to give him a chance so I agreed to a date at a nice Italian restaurant.
He picked me up in his sporty expensive car and I automatically thought that he was overcompensating for something (or lack thereof). He was a lot dorkier than I remembered. Damn beer goggles!
Dinner was nice, but there was no connection on my end. I’m not the type of girl that is all about looks, but I do have some standards.
Needless to say, I didn’t return any more of his phone calls as I met CP for the first time soon after and was a smitten-kitten. About two years later I was at our local grocery store and saw him in the aisle. Because I am super mature, I ran away instead of having a possibly-awkward encounter with him (if he would even still remember me!).
*I’m not sure why I used to do this. Maybe I thought that because we were at my place I would be okay?
1 comment:
well at least nothing happened!
I, on the other hand, tell a guy nothing will happen but then sleep with him anyway!
Post a Comment