Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.26.2009

Much needed girls weekend aka my bachelorette party!

I am really looking forward to this long weekend with some much-needed time with some of my favorite girls. I am hoping that all of my crazy thoughts from last week and earlier this week are gone and that I can enjoy my bachelorette party! We have an event-filled weekend planned and I hope that I am able to keep up in my old age!

Tomorrow morning I fly into Chicago and after getting settled, a bunch of us are headed out to Ravinia for a Michael Franti and G Love concert!

Friday morning J and I hope to fit in a quick run and then 6 of us are headed to the Cubs game. Afterwards, we have dinner at one of my favorite restaurants- CafĂ© Bar-Ba-Reeba. Between the beer at the game and the sangria at dinner, I’m pretty sure we will be well liquored up for whatever we are doing that night (I am not privy to the plans).

Saturday plans are up in the air. Beach day? Pool day? Watching hot pro volleyball players? Who knows. Then Saturday night it will be another night of drinking.

Boy is my liver going to hurt after this coming weekend. Needless to say, I am going to try to eat somewhat healthy during the day and not worry about all of the WW points the drinks that I am going to consume will be. I will only be having one bachelorette party and I want to live it up without remorse!*


*Of course Monday I will have to hit the gym EXTRA hard, but it will all be worth it!!

3 comments:

Christina said...

My neigbors are going to be at the G-Love concert. I may be at the one on Friday for Tony Bennett.

I've never been to Cafe Bar-Be-Reeba but I hear that it is so good.

Enjoy your weekend in Chicago and dress warmly, it is going to be chilly here! Yuck!

Amy Jo said...

Sounds like some good times! Have a blast and be careful....let loose and enjoy yourself!

EP said...

I hope you ladies are having a fantastic time! I cannot wait to hear about all the bachelorhood party hijinks!