Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.21.2011

Ahhhhhhhhh

The sweet relief of a relaxing weekend. Sometimes you just need to get away and try to forget about all that is bothering you. This weekend my aunt invited the ladies of the family to her house in NJ for a spa weekend.

Despite the bad weather on the drive down to NJ and the fact that my mom’s flight from Chicago was delayed a couple of times, I felt great after the weekend.

An hour long facial which made my skin radiant. At times the facial was weird because the man talked about new age hooey, something about the five souls and opening your mind, etc. I didn’t quite understand it so I didn’t listen to it too much. After the facial he talked about the products he had used. The moisturizer he used has crushed up gems (as in emeralds and rubies), along with silver and gold in it. The 3 oz bottle cost him $150. I tried asking him just exactly how crushed up gems were going to help my face, but he started in with the souls stuff and didn’t quite answer my question. It made me glad that I wasn’t paying for the treatment because I’m pretty sure it was expensive. Ha!

An hour long massage which helped ease my plantar fasciitis pain a bit.

Delicious and healthy food, full of herbs and vegetables from my aunt’s garden. A delicious white burgundy wine. Interesting conversation with my cousin, aunt and mom. Walks in the woods and through a beautiful garden. Time to relax a read a book (currently reading Freedom by Jonathan Frazen).

Yep, it was a nice, quiet weekend. This year was the first annual family spa weekend. Hopefully my aunt decides to do it again next year and hopefully another cousin and my sister are able to join us.

When I got home Sunday night, I had CP and the puppies excited to see me. Always nice to come home to people/dogs that are happy to see you.

What did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha! As someone who is in the skin care industry, I can tell you that gems will do nothing for your skin! Sounds like a great weekend though!

Ginger said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like an AMAZING weekend. I'm officially jealous!

funderson said...

I didn't do nearly anything that lovely!