Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.03.2011

Getting nervous

With my FIRST HALF MARATHON starting in less than 48 hours, I’m getting a bit nervous.

I have run all of the long training runs. I haven’t been as good about running during the week. My plantar fasciitis has been awful recently.

I fell down the stairs Thursday morning before work and am now sporting a huge dark bruise on my left butt/hip. I also did something to my left foot in the fall but am trying to ignore it. I limped around the office yesterday but am not hurting as much today. Pain on the outside of my right foot suddenly emerged after a run on Wednesday morning. I have been trying to ice as much as possible, but after consulting "The Google", I'm guessing that it is peroneal tendonitis.

Not running as much as I should during the week may affect my time more than being able to finish the race- but who knows with these random injuries?

Finishing the race is my #1 goal. This will likely be my only half marathon as I can’t imagine wanting to train for another one.

I would love to finish the race in less than two hours and thirty minutes. But that is going to depend on how hot and humid it is out, how my injuries are feeling, if Buster didn’t wake me up in the middle of the night, etc. Otherwise, I should finish in less than two hours and forty minutes.

I have my outfit ready. I have two people cheering me on (CP and my mom). I have my sport beans and GU ready. We ran part of the course two weeks ago.

I can’t turn back time and run more during the week. I can't get rid of my new pains. So I just have to suck it up and hope that I am not dying Sunday morning!

Only two days left to not break an ankle….

5 comments:

Christina said...

Good Luck Girl! I will be cheering from Chicago

Navigating the Mothership said...

Good luck! You'll do great!

Stevie said...

Good luck! My first half was last June and I absolutely LOVED it. I wasn't at all prepared, but I ran it in ten minutes under my goal time of 3 hours.

Don't overdo it with your injuries, though. Listen to your body and slow down/walk if you need to.

fojoy said...

Its gotta suck with the injuries - but I figure if you're tough enough to run a half marathon (because that is not easy!), then you'll be tough enough to run a half marathon with a couple of injuries...
I'll be cheering you on from here!

Robin said...

I am a new reader! How did your marathon go?! Have a great day!