Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.11.2012

Magic Mike


Last Friday a couple friends and I went to see the movie Magic Mike.  When I first read an article about the movie, I thought to myself, “why in the world would anyone want to see that movie???”  Then I read a few more articles and heard that the movie actually had a plot PLUS gyrating men.  Why not check it out after a few drinks?

The movie was actually pretty good.  Channing Tatum is HOT and so is Joe Manganiello (also in True Blood).  The “skits” that they do onstage brought me back to many a bachelorette party.

My friend’s bachelorette party right after college was my first time going to a male strip show.  The night before my long-term college boyfriend and I got into a huge fight where he accused me of cheating (something I have never done to any boyfriend) and we broke up.*  The break up was traumatic for a night, and then I quickly got over it because I had been ready to break up with him for a while.  So the next night we headed into Philly to go to The Cave.**  We had a fantastic time at the show and then headed over to a nearby night club to go dancing.  Little did I know, one of the male strippers followed us to the club in order to find me and ask for my number.  And ummm I had been drinking a bunch at that point, but he was HOT and had a fantastic body (his day job- personal trainer).

I ended up dancing with him all night and gave him my number (!) not thinking about it until the next day.  Sure enough a few days later he calls and wants to go out on a date.  Ha!  I think that we ended up talking for a while, but I was cagey about getting together.  I mean, sure it is fun to say that a stripper wanted to go on a date with you, but actually going on a date with a stripper was just not for me.

Do you have any funny stripper stories?  Have you seen Magic Mike or do you plan on seeing the movie?


*I think that he was feeling guilty because he flirted and/or hooked up with a girl earlier that week, had been drinking, and wanted to blame me for something.  Two weeks after we broke up they started dating and within a few months she was pregnant!

**If you are in the Philly area I would HIGHLY recommend this place for a birthday or bachelorette party.

3 comments:

Fiery said...

Your stripper story is awesome! I've never been to see strippers. I'm definitely going to see Magic Mike, though!

Natalie said...

lol hilarious story!!

terra said...

Okay that's gotta be like the best confidence boost EVER that super hot male stripped wanted to go out with you. I mean, that's just awesome, lady!