Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.04.2013

Random events

*As a large breasted woman, I was hoping that the pregnancy boobs would skip me by.  I mean, I was already starting at a 36DDD.  Well, I waited until the very end of the first trimester to finally go shopping for new bras- I definitely should have gone earlier because the older woman helping me was aghast when she saw the red marks on my shoulders and rib cage.  Whoops!  But who was I to tell her that I wanted to make sure that this baby was sticking around before buying a new bra?

Needless to say, I now have porn tits (as Esperanza likes to call them) because they are a way too big size G.  Yes, G.  I fear that once my milk comes in I will be visiting a specialty nursing bra store as I might need a fitted sheet to rein these puppies in.  Hold me.

*A few weeks ago I was visiting with our next door neighbor and she began to tell me about a dream she had, but then stopped and told me that she would have to tell the rest of it to me later.  It was quite odd.  We kept talking and after a round-about discussion, she finally confessed that in the dream I was pregnant.  She has had this dream three other times previously and every other time the person was pregnant.  She even wrote the dream down in a journal so she could point to it if she was right.  Well, I didn't keep her guessing for long and spilled the beans.  She obviously doesn't know how long it took us to get to this point, but she is excited for us and will be giving us baby stuff.  :-)

*While I was in DC last week I saw pregnant bellies EVERYWHERE.  I'm sure some of the bellies I may not have noticed a few months ago because a jacket could hide the belly, but there they were.  And there I was, jealous of their bellies.  I know, it doesn't make much sense does it?  I'll have a belly soon enough.  I can't explain it...but I was still jealous.

*The first night in DC I spent with my best friend, a good friend from college and his pregnant fiance.  The pregnant fiance assumed that I was fertile as well and made some weird remarks about IVF only being for people that want to find out the sex of their baby.....clearly I didn't tell her how we conceived.  Ugh.

*The third night in DC I met up with law school friends.  The wife, A, knew about the IVF cycle, but when I saw her husband in Chicago for one night about a month ago, I decided not to say anything about the pregnancy because of the SCH.  Well A has been trying to get the goods on me for a while, including asking our mutual friend how I'm doing.  The mutual friend has been good and kept her mouth shut, but when A and I were making plans, she asked whether I had any dietary restrictions if she decided to cook.  Although I do have dietary restrictions, I really wanted to tell her about the pregnancy in person so I said that I didn't have any.  :-)  Waiting was totally worth it- they are super excited that we are pregnant.  

*CP has been trying to tell his sister about the pregnancy for a few weeks.  He would email her to see what was going on with her and her family and she would spend the entire email talking about herself and the trips that she has taken, etc. (she is living in Belgium for 3 years).  She didn't once ask him how we were doing, so he never offered up the information.  It almost became a game.  (And I thought my sister was self-absorbed!) Finally he devised a plan where he would tell his niece and nephew and then tell them not to tell his sister/their mom (knowing that they would).  Last weekend he called them up to carry out his plan and what do you know, his sister asks what is up with us.  Plan ruined, but his sister and the kids are super excited about the pregnancy as well.

I promise a pregnancy-free post tomorrow!

10 comments:

Gypsy Mama said...

WOW!! Size G!! I bet those bras cost a pretty penny!

You sound so happy and I am so happy for you :) You don't need to write a pregnancy-free post if you don't want to. When I finally get pregnant I will be writing about it all the time! (can't wait!)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Wow a G!! I wouldn't know how that is. I'm an A.

Tia said...

I feel your pain (literally) on the boobs. I started out a 32DDD pre-pregnancy. I was a 36G while pregnant, and a 34HH (!) while nursing. The "good" news is that post nursing you often get smaller, so I'm a 32DD now.

JustHeather said...

I'm only a large F and I hate my boobs.. I feel for you!

Very cool and exciting for your neighbor's dream! So glad you could tell her it was true. I had a friend dream of me being pregnant too..which I why I called her and told her my great news, even though I wanted to do it in person.

Sorry for the insensitive comment about IVF. Some people just don't know or understand.

Post what you want! :)

Syl said...

I am a 34 GGG normally and went up to 36 GGG when pregnant but they don't have to be exorbitant. I got fitted at Nordstrom and bought my first one there for $52. But since then, I've been buying different ones on Amazon for around $30.

People who never go through something and don't really know about it should not make ridiculous and ignorant comments.

KelBel said...

I hear you on the bra size. I now refer to my bras as over the shoulder boulder holders! :)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

That's crazy that your neighbor has been spot on with every pregnancy dream she's had! Once you start showing a little, people will start telling you (not guessing) what sex the baby is. So funny how much unsolicited information people will offer you!

Jess said...

Oh yes, the jealousy of people more pregnant than you. That is totally a thing. It hasn't been as bad for me this time but last time I would sit in the waiting room at prenatal visits looking resentful at all the bellies bigger than mine. Haha.

Also... IVF... only to know the baby's sex... OMG. I would have told her how you conceived just to watch her desperately try to backtrack.

Terra said...

Holy boobs, lady! I feel like you need to be wearing a backbrace to carry all those boob around.

Also, the dream! So cool - she's on a streak!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, those are some boobs! I am so thankful for my small size, but sister got everything I didn't. I sympathize. We'll see how mine change with pregnancy.... That is so bizarre and cool about your neighbors dreams. And that is a weird thing to say about IVF and wanting to know the sex. I've been through the process a few times and have never once known the sex of the embryos. Do you know yet what yours is? I agree with Jess, I would have told her just to see the look on her face! You sound wonderful and I am so happy for you!