Today after work I am going to take down this awful wallpaper.
Yes, it is not only located ON THE CEILING but also ON THE BACK OF DOORS. W.T.F.
We have no idea what we are going to find underneath the wallpaper. Will the plaster underneath be an entire, crumbling mess? For CP's sake I certainly hope not....but it's a definite possibility as the previous owner wallpapered the ceiling in the dining room to cover up the same problem.
For right now we are just planning on taking down the wallpaper, fixing the plaster, and painting the walls. Completely re-doing the bathroom is not something we have any money for right now but this will at least make us feel a bit better about the room.
Here is the lovely black bathtub that we will hopefully....someday....get rid of and the lovely green floor tile.
Any suggestions on what color we should paint the walls?



9 comments:
Oh wow.... I've never heard of wallpaper on a ceiling and/or back of a door, OR a black tub!!
Excited to see the after pics :)
I am 100% positive that whatever you decide to do will be a great improvement!
Can't wait to see!
Wallpaper on the ceiling? There are no words. I agree with T, no matter WHAT you do will be better than that!
Your previous home owners had a very interesting decoration style. Seriously...strange. You and CP are doing amazing stuff to that house. I am truly impressed! Just be careful not to over do it. Can't wait to see what color you decide to go with.
You are crazy, but at least you'll get a redone bathroom out of it! Good luck!
The wallpaper choices in your house are pretty... original. Must have been an interesting previous owner ;)
I agree with the others, whatever you do, it'll certainly look much better afterwards!
The previous owners certainly made some questionable design choices. I don't think I have ever seen wallpaper on a ceiling. You are making the house look so much better and I give you credit for being able to look past the awful decor to see the potential. Not many people do.
Wallpaper. On the ceiling. YIKES.
You could go with a lovely shade of maude or pea green? OH WAIT you want to get away from that.
I'm all about the grays and subtle yellow.
I've never seen a black tub...nor have I ever seen wallpaper on the back of a door or a ceiling.
At least with a black tub you can't see all the grime that shows up on a white one. Although, it would make me nervous to think of all the things you can't see...yuck!
Can't wait to see the "after" pics!
Post a Comment