Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.31.2013

Getting back in shape

It's amazing how my body went from this back in March:

Yes, those are bruises from the IVF shots.  I'm pretty sure the red one on the lower right got a little infected or something because this photo was taken a few days after giving myself that shot.

To this at the very end of November:




To this one week and two days after my C-section:





Two weeks after my C-section:




Three weeks after my C-section:



And finally, one month after my C-section where I am about 5 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight (although still softer in my stomach).




Obviously one of my New Years resolutions is going to be to continue to lose weight and to try to tone up the little pouch I now have over my incision.  I'm not looking for a six pack, but it would be nice to look a little better in shirts...

Currently I am still only walking as the only workout DVDs I own are ones like 30 Day Shred and I'm not cleared to run/lift weights yet so the only jumping around will be when watching football (yay Eagles!!!).  But I am hoping that I get cleared for all types of exercise on Jan 9th at my six week post-C-section appointment.

Any suggestions on post C-section exercises?

Other than trying to get my body back into shape, I don't have any resolutions.  I never seem to follow through with them, so I might as well only have one and hope that I can at least stick to that one!! So far I have been eating fairly healthy, but tonight won't be one of those nights. Because CP and I can't go out for NYE, CP is cooking me a fancy French dinner of braised short ribs, lentils, and an unknown vegetable. I will be making French bread and possibly dessert. Hopefully Izzy decides to sleep through dinner so that we can enjoy the meal!

What are you doing for NYE?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you look great! I am terrible at resolutions too, but I usually make them anyway! haha

Dinner sounds fantastic, enjoy!

Aramis said...

I did 30 Day Shred earlier this year, and I can't imagine doing it post-surgery with a baby keeping me up all night. I could barely do it as is! I'm sure you'll find something that'll work for you, and it looks like you're mostly there already!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Good luck with your fitness goals in 2014. Happy New Year!

Ginger said...

You're looking great!

As far as future exercise, I'd personally avoid 30DS for a little while longer, even after you're cleared. I found core exercises pretty tough for a good few months post c-section, especially because of the loss of tone in the lower abs. And I know that 30DS is hell in just that area. (granted, I think it's kind of hell in general).

KelBel said...

You look great!! My plan is to get myself walking again and to eat healthy - or as J says eat as if Dr. H was going to yell at me for eating to many carbs!
Happy New Year :)

JenS said...

I am trying to figure out good post c-section options, as well. I still feel sore if I strain my abs too much, but it's getting better. I wanted to go back to my boot camp class but that might be too intense. So for now I am walking and I went to a yoga class the other day. Swimming might be a good option. I have to do something to get my strength back, that's for sure. These babies just keep getting heavier!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

As someone who struggled to lose the baby weight, I will say the only thing that worked for me was to combine calorie counting with moderate exercise. After baby, I no longer had the time to devote to working out and my eating habits hadn't really changed from when I was working out much more frequently and with much more intensity. Counting calories with moderate exercise (walking and jogging) allowed me to lose weight without putting a lot of stress on my schedule.

Amber said...

Amazing how quickly our body can change! You look great. I'm totally impressed that you've been able to start walking already. It's not that I can't, except for this insane schedule of feeding the babies! I can't wait until I can start putting them in a stroller and going for walks/runs.