34 months of trying to get pregnant
1 negative Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) test (missing the large fibroid)
2 sperm analyses which indicate male factor infertility
1 sh*tty GYN who tells us that our only option is donor sperm
1 trip to the urologist who told us everything was fine
3 months of Lupron hot flashes, weight gain, aching body, and headaches
1 surgery to remove a large fibroid and Stage II endometriosis
3 unsuccessful IUIs
2 different REs in two different states
2 new fibroids found prior to IVF cycle
1 devastating appointment to find out that I have possible poor egg quality due to my FSH and AMH numbers
1 saline sonogram
2 months of ingesting dr recommended supplements to help with egg quality
1 extra month of Lupron side effects
1 IVF cycle using Menopur, Gonal f, Crinone, Lupron, and an HCG trigger
Well over $3000 spent on meds, surgery, and co-pays (which is a drop in the bucket compared to a lot of people)
1 Circle & Bloom Mind-Body IVF program
11 eggs retrieved, only 6 mature enough for ICSI. 3 fertilize.
1 blastocyst transferred, 1 slower-growing blastocyst frozen
1 successful implantation and a relatively easy pregnancy
21 pounds of weight gain during the pregnancy
21 pounds of weight gain during the pregnancy
We would do it all again in a heartbeat for our new DAUGHTER (!) Isabel, otherwise known as Izzy!
She came out screaming with a full head of hair, weighing 8 lbs, 3 oz with a length of 20.75 inches. She is amazing. We are still in the hospital, but I will write more (and share pictures!) when we get home.
She came out screaming with a full head of hair, weighing 8 lbs, 3 oz with a length of 20.75 inches. She is amazing. We are still in the hospital, but I will write more (and share pictures!) when we get home.
33 comments:
Whoooooo hooo! Welcome izzy! Look forward to the photos! Congratulations lovely :-)
YAYYYYY!!! Congratulations!!! Welcome Izzy and so happy to hear that momma and baby are doing well!!
Congrats! Welcome to the world, Izzy! Can't wait for pictures.
Crazy side note- my 2 1/2 month old preemies are currently the same size as your newborn. Sometimes I forget how tiny they really were/are.
Congrats on your new daughter!
Yay! I've been waiting to hear how everything went! Congratulations in your little girl! Beautiful name, love the nickname. I can't wait to see pictures. Wishing you a quick recovery and lots of love with your new family :)
Congratulations Lady! Can't wait to see photos!
Congrats!!!! Oh that little one is so well worth the battle and wait!
Congrats!
Welcome Izzy! What a great name. Congratulations, mama!
YES! Congratulations you guys and welcome little Izzy! Such beautiful news.
Jen, that is crazy!!
Wow!! What a post! I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures!
Welcome to the world Izzy, you have a really cool Mom and Dad -we've grown to love them! Happy Birthday!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Welcome to the most amazing journey. Can wait to see photos of her!
Yay! Welcome to the world, sweet Izzy! Congratulations to the NSC family!
congrats!!!!
Congratulations! Welcome to the world Izzy!
Congratulations! So so very thrilled and happy for you guys!
Congratulations and welcome, little Isabel!!
I'm so very happy to hear all went well.
Congratulations and welcome Izzy! I can't wait to see photos and follow as your new world unfolds. Rest up new mama! xoxo
Congratulations and welcome Izzy!!
Congratulations!!! I'm so, so happy for you & your little family. Welcome to the world baby Izzy! Can't wait to see pics.
Congratulations!!! what a beautiful name too! Can't wait to see pictures :)
Whoo hoo! Can't wait to see Izzy! How exciting! So glad you waited to find out. Congrats!
So very very exciting. Congrats to you and yours!!!
Congratulations, enjoy every moment with your daughter x
Many wonderful congratulations!
Yay - congratulations!
Congrats! So glad she is here.
WOOHOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy for you, lady!! <3
So excited for you and C! Congratulations to all of you :)
Sorry I'm late on this... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Grrr I commented on my phone a couple days ago and it didn't go through. CONGRATULATIONS to all three of you! I can't wait to hear more about Izzy! I was convinced you were having a boy - so exciting!
Post a Comment