Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.25.2014

Almost wordless Wednesday- June garden

So what do our various gardens look like this June?


Purple Veronica starting to bloom in the front garden

After a two year wait the yellow Aconitum is finally blooming!  CP might have trimmed back the white rose bush a bit too much, but at least it looks really healthy.

Hostas and astilbes looking good in the back of the house

Coreoposis are starting to bloom out back




First of the daylilies to bloom

Sugar snap peas on the left with newly-planted cucumbers in front.  On the right, eggplant and many hot pepper plants! (The lettuce and argula previously in this bed were already harvested to make room for all of the summer plants.)

Snap peas are almost ready to eat!


Dill, basil and lots and lots of chives!

Sage, tarragon (which wintered over!), thyme, marjoram, rosemary, and newly-planted parsley.

Spinach in front, mizuna (salad green) in the middle, bok choy and kohlrabi in the back.  Some of this may be gone next weekend to make room for green and yellow beans. 

Swiss chard in front, kale in the back. These plants LOVE when we put organic fish fertilizer on them.  The nitrogen makes them grow like crazy!





5 comments:

Just T said...

Love all your plants and flowers. I know that are roses are all going crazy and smell amazing!

Gypsy Mama said...

wow!! everything looks great!! I wish I was a gardener...

jAllen said...

I am so jealous! I love your garden. We cleaned out our wooden box gardens three years ago... and haven't done anything with them...

AiringMyLaundry said...

Everything looks very nice!

@JessEsco said...

Wow! What a great garden!