*It is wayyyyy too humid in Chicago right now. Last night I ran a 5K in the city with some co-workers and I was drenched and very stinky by the end. My legs felt like lead for the last mile. Ugh.
*This morning I speed-walked to a presentation I had to give a mile away from my office (my train into the city ran late). Thank goodness I was the second presenter because when I entered the room it gave my body a chance to cool down and stop sweating. I felt super-professional. HA.
*Speaking of work, my boss gave me rave reviews yesterday which is always nice to hear even if it was sort of expected. He encouraged me to apply for a supervisor position if it ever comes up.
*Speaking of my boss, it's sort of nice to have a male boss simply because I will never run into him in the bathroom. My last couple of bosses were women and while I loved that, it was sort of awkward when you saw them in the bathroom. Do you make small talk? Do you just do your business in silence? Am I the only one that finds that situation awkward?
*I'm part of a moms group on Facebook and honestly, some of the posts that I see scare me. A few weeks ago there was a question from a mother of a 4 year old boy and when other moms would let their sons go into the boys bathroom by themselves (I guess he was asking to do so). While I obviously have a daughter and don't have to worry about that, some of the moms were posting about strangers molesting their kids and other crazy, rare occurrences (btw, 90% of molestations are by people your kid knows- family, priest, coach, etc) and saying that the kids would have to be at least 8 or 10 years old before they allowed them in the mens bathroom. Seriously? As a mother, of course the thought goes through your mind of all of the bad things that could happen to your kid, but the chances of that actually happening are slim to none. What are the chances that a child molester is going to happen to be in the bathroom with your child at the same time? And even if that did happen, there is a strong chance that there would be another male adult that could intervene if need be. It's similar to people that get so scared about getting blown up in a terrorist attack on a plane or getting eaten by a shark. What a crappy life to constantly be worried. Our culture is truly fearful of some of the silliest things and no wonder why kids grow up not knowing how to do things with all of these helicopter parents! Hmmm....maybe this should have been a post on its own!
4 comments:
I can totally relate to the awkward bathroom situation! Luckily my boss isn't much into small talk... It is also one reason why my husband is currently happy to have a female supervisor - because honestly, for the guys it might even be worse given the bathroom setup...
And yay for the rave reviews!!
I think this Friday Non Sequitur thoughts section!
Sorry to break it to you, but the asparagus pee is a genetic thing. I'm glad I don't have the gene to smell it, because I hear it is really yucky! Congrats on the great review!
I don't have kids so maybe my opinion doesn't really count, but parents are SO overbearing these days! Honestly, so many moms I know could really afford to cut the umbilical cord. This next generation is going to grow up not knowing how to be independent and that is scary!
Post a Comment