Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.06.2015

Not good news

I'm not going to sugar coat my ultrasound appointment today. The ultrasound technician was fairly quiet today, but I could tell that the appointment wasn't going well. After I got dressed I watched over her shoulder as she typed notes into their system- they only found the gestational sac. No yolk sac detected on scan. Currently the sac is measuring 5w2d which is 4 days behind (today I am 5w6d). In contrast with Izzy at my first ultrasound the technician found the gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, and heartbeat- and this was at 5w5d.

I haven't had confidence in this pregnancy from the start. I certainly don't have confidence in this pregnancy now. Hopefully the nurse calls soon so that I can ask her the chances of this pregnancy being a viable one.

F*ck.

16 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Crossing my fingers you hear from the nurse soon & keeping you in my thoughts.

JenS said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Hoping he/she is just a late bloomer.

Unknown said...

I will keep you in my prayers!

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry... I'm thinking about you friend

L said...

Just started following a few weeks ago, so sorry. Thinking of you and wish this didn't have to be so hard...

Cristy said...

I'm so sorry. Abiding with you during this time.

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Oh no!!!! I hate this for you. Hoping there's still a chance and your nurse calls soon.

Gypsy Mama said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry... I'm thinking about you friend

Just T said...

Well crap! I am so sorry :(

Anonymous said...

I'm so very, very sorry.

JustMe said...

Ok, I don't want to give you false hope because I know that can be brutal, but when I went in 5w5d (exactly....I just looked back at my blog to check), there was only a sac, no yolk sac, no pole, nothing. A week later...all there. So there is a chance?

JustHeather said...

*hugs* i hope there is still a chance and that it us just too early still.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, friend. That really sucks.

Breathe Gently said...

I have everything crossed over here. Early scans are notorious for being off, and frosties can be late implanters. x

Aramis said...

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm so sorry. I'm really hoping you're just dealing with a slow growing frosty, but it's tough to be in this situation. Hugs, friend.

ADSchill said...

I'm so sorry this ultrasound was a let down. I will pray for a miracle, but know that we are behind you should this not work out.