Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.08.2015

Resigned

I feel like I should feel more disappointed or pissed that this IVF cycle is converting to an IUI cycle. Instead, I am really busy at work and a lot of my energy is focused on planning a big event so I think that I currently just don't have the capacity to get riled up about it right now.

CP and I think that there is no chance of the IUI working and we are just doing it just to do it. We have the possibility of using frozen sperm from 2013 but will keep it frozen and just use fresh samples both days (my RE likes to inseminate two days in a row). Gotta keep the frozen sperm for something that may work. Good attitude right? But I can't muster up much enthusiasm for a procedure that I have already done three times with zero success.

So we look ahead to the next cycle. I am trying to get an appointment in with the doctor at the end of the month so we can talk about what happened and what to do with the next cycle. Would using the same protocol but with Lupron suppression (what I used for my first IVF cycle) instead of birth control pills be the answer? This protocol was supposedly very good for women my age. Who knows. CP and I should have put away more money from our tax return for a second cycle; it was very arrogant of us to only put away enough for one cycle of drugs.

A friend suggested that maybe because I have been pregnant and my body knows what to do the IUI will work. I guess that is possible but I still am not holding out any hope. We'll find out soon enough.


Oct 9 & 10- IUI insemination
Oct 15- progesterone level check
Oct 22- beta

5 comments:

Gypsy Mama said...

Sending you lots of good vibes for a surprise BFP from the IUI. Even though it didn't work for you 3 times, it doesn't mean you have a lower than average chance of it working now. Even me, with 2 eggs and excellent donor sperm, it doesn't work on the first try.

Jess said...

Bleh. Everything crossed for the IUI--you never know!

KelBel said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Cristy said...

Fingers are crossed!

Maddie said...

Sorry this cycle isn't going great, but fingers are crossed!