I know that I just posted, but I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. My doctor just called to tell me that my blood test came back and everything is normal with the baby. Phew. Being of "Advanced Maternal Age" (even though I was 34 when pregnant with Izzy and only weeks away from turning 35 when I delivered) this time has really screwed with my head. And oddly enough, I think that conceiving naturally has me waiting for the other shoe to drop more so then when I conceived using IVF. It doesn't make any sense, but I guess that it is still unbelievable to me that this miraculous pregnancy might actually result in a baby.
CP is ready to tell people now but willing to wait until I am ready. I want to make it through my extra ultrasound tomorrow....and then probably my next doctor appointment on February 9th before we start thinking about telling people. I'm currently in my 13th week and technically I'm not in the second trimester until Sunday so I would feel better getting officially past the second trimester mark before telling people. I know that a few days shouldn't make a difference but again, lots of crazy thoughts this time around!
PHEW. Another hurdle passed.
11 comments:
I'm so glad to read this--not that anything was likely going to be abnormal, but it's so, so nice to get the results. You're almost out of the constantly having to worry phase and into the only worrying some of the time phase.
Woo hoo!!!
Yay!!!
Woohooo!!!!
Oh, wonderful news! So glad you can breathe a sigh of relief and have one less hurdle to clear. Exciting times!
This is so wonderful! Congrats!
Yay! Glad to hear it! Fingers crossed for a good ultrasound tomorrow!
Great news and happy you're keeping the gender a secret!
WOOHOO!! So happy for all of you :)
It makes perfect sense to me! Having struggled to get pregnant previously and needing IVF, and having gone through a miscarriage, it's only natural to worry this time around. I'm glad you got such good news though! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes when you start telling people. Does anyone other than CP know yet?
Such happy news! Excited to follow along with your pregnancy. :)
Post a Comment