Oh man. Izzy's daycare pictures came back this week and they are so adorable! Okay I am a bit biased, but thankfully she is smiling and not giving the camera a death stare like her winter pictures (I guess the kids were a little scared of the photographer).
![]() |
| Sassy |
![]() |
| I'm not sure if she knows why she is holding an I but it's still cute |
In other big news, today I am 34 weeks so I need to start to get things ready for Baby boy's arrival. What have we done so far? Uhhhh nothing. So this week I made an appointment with our local police department and had them install the infant car seat (they usually want you to do this around 36 weeks) and reinstall Izzy's car seat so that she is facing forward. CP had been pushing for her to face forward for a while now, but I had been resisting because it's simply safer to have her face backwards. However, with her height and weight, the passenger seat was pushed fairly far forward to make sure that there was the inch distance between the back of her seat and the passenger seat....which also meant that the passenger usually had their knees scrunched up against the dashboard. Not ideal.
So while I wish that we could have kept her rear facing for a longer period of time because she was doing just fine, Izzy is excited to view the world from her forward-facing seat and truthfully, it is easier to get her in the car. So far every time she gets in she notices "baby brother's car seat" next to her. She is definitely growing up.




7 comments:
oh my goodness, the hands on the hip! too cute.
What a cutie! I love that dress too.
I have definitely been mia on blog reading. 34 weeks! How did you get that far already?! Don't worry, I was pretty lax and lazy getting ready for number two also. "Been there. Done that. And survived." Is what it felt like. And a bit of laziness on my part.
What a cutie! I love that dress too.
I have definitely been mia on blog reading. 34 weeks! How did you get that far already?! Don't worry, I was pretty lax and lazy getting ready for number two also. "Been there. Done that. And survived." Is what it felt like. And a bit of laziness on my part.
The pics are adorable!
I would love to know how you kept Izzy rear-facing for so long for as tall as she is!! How did she have any leg room that way??
What a cutie! I love all the pictures, especially the sassy one. I love thinking about her getting in the car, excited to see her baby brother's seat there, waiting for him. So exciting!
Kids are flexible and having them bend their legs to fit rear-facing is just fine. According to car seat experts it's safer to have them rear-facing as long as possible because if there is an accident (especially if the car is rear-ended), the spinal column is not strong enough to withstand the force. Rear-facing may only result in a broken leg or two...
She is adorable! And so big!! Ready to be a big sister ;)
Post a Comment