Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.21.2016

Things left to do

Completed tasks for Baby #2:
-Infant car seat installed in the minivan
-Ergo purchased (the one I used with Izzy was a loaner)
-Childcare for Izzy and Buster procured (my parents)

Tasks in process:
-Sort hand-me-downs from friends into various sizes and wash

During Izzy's long nap on Sunday (we had a good pool workout that morning so she slept for almost three hours!), I opened up all of the bags and boxes of clothes we have received from two different friends. I was amazed at how many pieces of clothing we received- I really am not going to have to buy much of anything for Baby boy which is awesome! If he grows as fast as Izzy has been we don't spend that much time in each clothing size anyway.



Piles from L to R- newborn (0-3 mo), 3-6 mo, 6-9mo, 9-12mo, 12mo

Yet to do:
-Purchase diapers
-Bring down Izzy's old clothes from the attic and wash gender neutral clothes
-Bring down infant toys and contraptions from the attic (MamaRoo, playspace, bathtub, etc.)
-Purchase standing board for stroller for Izzy
-Set up Pack n Play with bassinet in our bedroom
-Pack hospital bag
-Book newborn photographer
-Finish all tasks at work and prepare the person who will fill in for me as much as possible

I feel like we should have more tasks to do to get ready for Baby Boy. What am I forgetting?

9 comments:

Chris said...

Prepping nursing/pumping supplies?

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Yes! Thank you unknown. I need to call my insurance company to see if I qualify for another breast pump, dig out my nursing bras/wash them, wash My Brest Friend, and find the lanolin cream. Bibs and burp clothes are in the process of being washed and I will order breastmilk bags sometime in the coming weeks.

Unknown said...

A gift for Izzy from the baby?

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Another good idea! Now I just have to figure out what to get Izzy....

Alice said...

Also to do: come to my house and prep for me please ;-D

I need to bite the bullet and order my breast pump from my insurance.. i don't know why I'm dragging my feet on that one. I suspect because I'm slightly worried about this pre-term labor situation in which case I'll probably need to rent a hospital grade pump to kickstart my supply? I dunno. Blargh.

Unknown said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for several months and it inspired me to start my own, I'm also dealing with infertility and haven't been very open about it in my personal life but finally decided to reach out to the online community of women who give me hope! You can find my story at http://www.notbreedingintheburbs.com/ Thank you for your honesty and inspiration!

Jess said...

You sound pretty prepared to me! So exciting that this is coming up so soon, that the time is here for Ergos and diapers and installing infant carseats. The countdown is definitely on!

Risa said...

Oooo you are so organized. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Look at all those clothes! Getting clothes from friends is awesome. You are getting close!!

Feisty Harriet said...

Lady, MAD respect for your listing and your planning. I'm not pregnant, and I can still hardly convince myself to get off the couch.

xox