Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.28.2016

Insanity of life

In the first two weeks of Wes' life we had lots of other things going on in addition to a newborn.

*Two days after we got home from the hospital with Wes, he had a breathing episode. I had to call 911 and he and I had an ambulance ride to the hospital while CP rushed from work. We aren't quite sure what happened as by the time we got to the hospital he was doing better, but it was quite a scare. Thankfully he has yet to give us another scare since then.

*Izzy got a stomach bug which included blood in her stool and loose stool for TWO weeks. Thankfully Wes didn't get it but I had to collect her poop three different days for testing and that was....interesting. 

*CP got a sty on the lower eyelid on his left eye. It is actually still there (slowly going away) which is making CP very self concious because he has been traveling the past three weeks.

*About a week after getting out of the hospital I got hit in the uterus by one of Izzy's toddler friends- basically running into me to give me a big hug. I had stopped bleeding but that impact made me bleed for a few days. I also had some pain inbetween my ribs which picking up Izzy, sneezing, or coughing. During my 6 week follow up appointment with my OB, she said that my upper abs haven't completely come back together so if I am not careful I could get a hernia that comes through the fascia. Let's just say that I haven't been doing any ab workouts recently...

*I know that I have referenced the fact that we are expanding our house next year. Well in order to do so, we needed to refinance our mortgage. We had the "closing" only a week after Wes was born- thankfully they came to our house for the signing.


*We also bought a new car only a few days after the refinance signing. We ended up going with the Mazda CX5 and so far CP loves it. I was really sad to see the Prius go but now CP can have both kids AND Buster in the car which is necessary for pickups after work once I am done with maternity leave.

*Eight days after Wes was born we had a photographer come to our house to take newborn photos. I shared those with you last week.

*To top it off, CP noticed that the sump pump in our basement kept working despite no rain. He realized that there was mud in the water which meant that we likely had a broken pipe outside. CP had to dig out two of the large plants in our front yard so that the plumber could come the next day to figure out what was going on. The plumber ended up replacing a few feet of pipe from the house towards the street which was expensive. (About a month later we suddenly had a water leak from our only full bathroom upstairs onto the stairs on the first floor (the only room in the house that we didn't fully update). The plumber also had to come out for that and replace some pipes....so now we have two large holes in our ceiling in our entry way that will just stay open until next spring when we start to renovate. Awesome.)

*My MIL ended up staying for two weeks which was nice, but way too long of a stay when you are homebound due to a c-section surgery. However, she did help me make black out curtains for Izzy's room which was awesome (and gave us something to do). 


FYI: I'm slowly getting through posts that should have been written and posted a while ago but I'm just getting to them. Things will get a little more regular around here when I am back at work in a little more than two weeks. (gulp!)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Wow! This is a LOT. I hope things are a little calmer now! Also, I've heard great things about Mazdas... glad CP is so happy with yours!

Lacey Bean said...

Holy moly! You guys have been through the ringer. Here's to an easier fall!

Amber said...

Oh my garsh! You have had a ton of stuff going on! That is so scary about Wes's breathing episode. I'm glad it was a only a one time incident and that he seems to be doing fine since then! Whew!

Feisty Harriet said...

Oh FFS, this is SO MUCH GOING ON ALL AT ONCE! Damn, woman!

xox