1. Stenosis- a narrowing of the spinal column that puts pressure on the spinal cord.
2. Degenerative disc disease- sort of like a ruptured disc but in a dog.
3. A hereditary condition that Berners often get.
4. A tumor somewhere on Buster's spine.
Next step is to get Buster an MRI to see what is going on in his body (scheduled for August 11th). The dr doesn't think that Buster is in much pain (if any) because he wants to run and take walks. If a dog is in pain then they will sit themselves out of activities. That was good to hear. Meanwhile, Buster has a new fancy harness that we can use to help him jump into the car, help him up the stairs, etc.
*Over the weekend not only did Wesley learn how to drink out of a sippy cup but we officially made the final switch over to 100% milk!! I am ready to give away all of the bottles, we threw out/donated the rest of the formula we had in the house, and simply bought a few more sippy cups! YAY!!! That was so much easier than the tough time I had getting Izzy to switch over to sippy cups when she was 13 months old.
| Drinking out of the cup upside down, but whatever works for you buddy |
*I also was able to put Wesley to bed without milk or water so after brushing his teeth (a new addition to the routine), we went into his room to read some books, I sang him a few songs, and then he went into his bed. No peep from him on needing anything to drink which is fantastic! Go Wesley!
*Continuing on with another Wesley story. I had to call the on-call doctor Sunday because Sunday morning I noticed that Wes had a red bump on his forehead and his ear was red with a blister or some sort of fluid-filled raised bump. It started weeping a bit in the afternoon but we gave him some Benadryl and he seemed fine, other than it being a bit itchy. The nurse on call wasn't too worried since he didn't seem to have any other symptoms, but seriously this kid needs to stop with the issues for at least a few weeks. It did look much better this morning, so that's a start.
![]() |
| The weeping ear :-( |
*As I was putting Izzy to bed this weekend she asked me how long it was until midnight. I told her four hours and that she would be asleep at midnight, as would mommy and daddy. I asked why she wanted to know about midnight and she let me know that she was scared of midnight. I told CP about the conversation and he seems to think that it might have something to do with Cinderella because he read it to her the night before.
*FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL WE MOVE BACK INTO OUR HOUSE. I am so excited! The house won't be completely done and we will likely have to eat out for about a week until the appliances are installed but we will at least be back in our house! CP and I did a bunch of packing and moved some stuff back in the house this weekend. We will continue that this week then have the moving truck and two movers helping us on Saturday to empty the rental house.

2 comments:
Ah, these busy ordinary days, with their troubles and triumphs. Worth it to step back and acknowledge that this is in fact what life is, most days.
Wishing the best for Buster!
Post a Comment