Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.15.2017

13 months old

1 year, 1 month old (13 months old)

Wes being silly


Height- not sure

Weight- 26+ lbs

Diapers- Size 4 diapers during the day, Size 4 nighttime diapers

Milestones- Wesley is walking! He took his first few steps on the 5th and has become more confident in his walking skills every day since then. If he isn't walking/cruising then he is bopping around on his knees. I finally saw Wes clap and wave this past week too- better late than never!

I like to push my stroller everywhere


I also like to hold onto my sister or my parents' pant legs for balance when standing


He has no problem going up steps but wants to go head first when going down steps which is an issue. I have to turn him around all the time and grab his legs to show him how to do it. Hopefully he will get it down soon.

Language- I have mostly given up on the sign language because by 13 mos he really should be doing it himself and he continues to refuse. I think he has his first word as he points at Buster or other dogs and says "dah" a lot (doesn't seem to use that with other things that he points at). Wes thinks that it is hilarious when I say "uh oh" after he drops something. He definitely knows what the words dog, Buster, Izzy, Daddy, Mommy, ball, banana, monkey, bird, eat, milk, car, and train.
Working on mastering the art of going up steps

Favorite Toy: Balls. What a typical boy. :-)

Favorite Book: Any touchy-feely book. He is obsessed with our "Dog" book because it is about dogs and because it has different textures on the pages that he can feel. He also likes the "That's Not My (insert animal)" because of the textures too. He is more patient when I am reading a book that has textures, otherwise he sometimes tries to turn the pages for me before I am done reading the page. Ha. But overall, he loves when I read to him and will sit and turn pages of books when sitting by himself.

Sleep- Wes is a great sleeper from about 7:30pm to 7 or 8am. He naps very well at home, but doesn't do as well at daycare. Some days he takes two naps, sometimes it is only one. I don't want to jinx it but putting him to bed is seriously easy. We brush his teeth, change his diaper, put him in a cotton sleep sack, read two or three board books, sing him two songs, and then put him in bed. He immediately will lay down and sometimes grabs his monkey to snuggle with. He may cry for 10 seconds after you leave, but after that, he is down.

Clothes- 18 month clothing and on some of the shirts, his belly hangs out a little.

"Helping" me unpack after moving back into our house. Ripping paper is fun!


Eating- No more formula in our house- yay! I was worried about the transition to a sippy cup because it was such an issue with Izzy and Wes simply didn't seem to get the concept of a sippy cup. But one weekend after trying to push it at home and at school, Wes was suddenly a pro! He gets milk when he wakes up in the morning and with all meals, otherwise he drinks water.

Wes continues to be a good eater. He still mostly eats whatever we put in front of him. When he really likes something he will kick his legs in his high chair and smack his lips together.

I really enjoyed eating some of mommy's ice cream


Teeth- Wes has a lot of his teeth including two molars (one on each side). He looks like he is going to start cutting his bottom canines soon as well.

Illness- Poor buddy had a string of issues but seems to be getting better. He did have a viral rash and some weird bug bites, but has been healthier recently.

Misc- As of now, Wes is a mama's boy. He clearly prefers me over CP and although I can hand him over to CP for a minute or two. If I am still in the room, Wes will quickly ask to be back in my arms. As soon as I put him on my hip, he quickly rests his head on my shoulder to snuggle which is adorable.

He LOVES petting Buster (it's more of a tap) and has clearly learned the meaning of gentle (i.e. no pulling Buster's fur anymore).

Watching the ducks and the fish at the Botanic Gardens.

When we drop Wes off at daycare Izzy has recently wanted to give him a hug before we head over to her room. He always gives her a big smile when they hug. Whenever he is upset she can get him smiling pretty quickly (unless it is due to her taking away one of his toys and being unwilling to give it back).

He loves splashing around in baths and cries when we take him out. He also loves looking and pointing at animals- birds, bunnies, squirrels, cats, ducks, etc. As a typical boy, he is also fascinated with trains and trucks.

1 comment:

torthúil said...

Aw, he's growing and learning fast! And why wouldn't you want to grow up when there are amazing things to discover like ice cream!