Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.10.2017

Mental capacity: zero

Right now I lack the mental capacity to write about something where I have to do much deep thinking, but I hope to soon. Until then, bullets.

*This weekend Wes took his first independent steps! The first time he did it he lurched towards CP...the second time was more controlled. We (of course) tried to have him do it again on video, but Wes refused, deciding to drop to his knees and shuffle towards us. LOL. He still is not confident of his steps as he holds onto our hand(s) with a death grip, so it will still be a while until he is walking on his own. It's at least a start.



Our new walker!


*The past two weeks living in our house with workmen has been interesting. The kids are sick of going out to dinner every night- we are as well. They really are fairly good kids when we go out to eat as Izzy will amuse herself with a coloring book and crayons and Wes will chug his milk while we wait for dinner, but he is starting to get sick of the magnatiles that we have in our diaper backpack. We have been eating at fast casual places to save money (Panera, Noodles & Company, etc) but I will be very excited when our appliances are delivered TODAY!!!

*The major work is almost complete. The stairs out to the driveway need to be installed, but all sinks, toilets, etc. are working and the electrician came earlier in the week to install face plates, the ceiling fan (even though it was not the correct one so he will have to come back when the other one arrives), etc. The paint guys are coming back to do some touch-ups today and hopefully our general contractor has the cleaning crew coming tomorrow so that we can start to unpack and use some of the rooms. I promise pictures soon!

*Poor CP might be doing a lot of the unpacking on Saturday without me as my mom planned a day in Chicago with me and Izzy. We will be going to see Madagascar in play form and then doing a few other things at Navy Pier like the large Ferris Wheel while we are there. It should be a lot of fun.

Yes it is HUGE


*Last weekend we had CP's dad and his wife come visit us; when they booked their tickets we all thought the house would be ready (thankfully they were staying in a nearby hotel)! It was a bit stressful of a weekend, eating out for all meals and generally not being able to have some down time at the house as we have no place to sit. But we managed to go to a local Art Fair to buy prints for the kids' rooms, go to a local fair so that Izzy could go on a few rides, and spend some time at the Botanic Gardens.

Izzy's second rollercoaster. I don't think she enjoys it at all

First time trying cotton candy

Feeding the ducks at the Botanic Gardens
Enjoying the butterfly pavilion

The largest, coolest butterfly we saw- the Atlas butterfly. Beautiful!




*Izzy has finally learned how to pump her legs while on a swing, making it less annoying to take her to the park. LOL. You do have to push her to get her going, but she is able to sustain the swing with her legs which is a good thing!

*Izzy has decided what she wants to be when she grows up- she wants to ride a motorcycle out to the ocean with two of her friends and become a mermaid. Ha ha. Sure kiddo.

*I have been taking 3mg melatonin about an hour before bed every night and have decided that it is a lifesaver. I first took it as a fertility supplement back in 2012 because my doctor recommended it but had to stop taking it when going through my first IVF cycle. I remember being very sad that I had to stop taking back then and sort of forgot about it until a few weeks ago. I find that on most nights that I take it I don't have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I feel more rested without feeling groggy in the morning.

1 comment:

Turia said...

Go Wes! The drunken zombie walk is the best.

I am still trying to get E to pump on the swings so am jealous of Izzy's success.

I hope the appliances as promised! Having to eat out every meal would be one of my worst nightmares.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the renos!