Thanks to all of the encouraging comments on my last post. I had an easy commute both ways yesterday which made me really happy. The first three and a half hours of work was spent with human resources which was a bit boring. Then because my boss was out of the office and the human resources manager had a conference call, I was told to grab lunch. I walked a few blocks around my new work city and was sad that I didn’t see Panera Bread, Chipotle, or Corner Bakery. At past jobs those were favorite lunch time haunts on the few days I didn’t bring lunch.
Because work is not done with my security check I might not have a computer for a couple of weeks (boo). That means I might get behind on my blog and on my google reader. We’ll see. We were explicitly told that we may use our computers for personal email, but only before and after work hours or during lunch. The back of my cubicle* faces a hallway so depending on which way my computer faces, I will have to be careful not to break the “rules.” I also will not have my building badge, which means no going to the building gym just yet (another boo).
Everyone was really nice today, including my boss. She is the head honcho so I have to impress the most important person in the office! Uhhhh no pressure or anything!
*Graduating law school doesn’t reward me with my own office? Well poop. Maybe someday soon…..
2 comments:
Glad the first day went well. Though, you'd think if a security check takes that long to process, they would've started that process weeks ago to ensure productivity on day one. Oh well.
And I've worked in cube-hell my whole life. The most important thing to note about working in cubes is to position yourself so you'll never be surprised by someone looking over your shoulder. Having said that, they have screen shields (aimed at airplane fliers) that make it more difficult to see what someone has on their screen without being right in front of it.
Aw...I'm glad your day went well! I don't feel for ya! I still don't have an office at my new job (floating teacher) and all the computers block anything fun whatsoever! :(
Post a Comment