Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday....and sorry for the whining. I *hate* when people whine. I especially hate when people whine about something, but then don’t do anything to change the situation. So no more whining. CP and I are doing something about our situation….we just can’t do it for at least another year!
Anyway, I’m pretty sure that because of my whining, Karma decided to make me sick Tuesday night. As I said, I was a scrooge for the company’s holiday party…now I understand why I was feeling so tired and rundown. Early Wednesday morning I woke up with a fever and an awful sore throat. After downing Tylenol like it was my job, I called out of work and slept until 11am. Being sick on your birthday? Not so much fun. But I think that the combo of the Tylenol and the sleep worked a miracle as after 11am I felt weird lying around in bed. If I was to be home from work, I might as well be productive!*
So, I did four loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, booked our wedding photographer, dropped off dry cleaning, went to the post office, cleaned the basement, vacuumed the house, and still did 40 minutes on the Wii Fit. Phew. I chalk it up to needing a “mental health day” on my birthday.
Friends on Facebook worried that my employer might wonder why I was “sick” on my birthday. I assured them that no one knew that it was my birthday yesterday….which is true. We have too many employees to do cakes or the like for people’s birthdays and I didn't shout it from the rooftops that it was my birthday.
Speaking of Facebook, has anyone noticed that friends now just post “Happy birthday” on Facebook instead of calling or sending cards? I still send cards to friends on their birthday, but only call close friends (along with a card)….otherwise I do the Facebook message thing. I did get a phone call from the Mary Kay lady wishing me a happy birthday AND reminding me that I have 15% off any purchases made this month because of my birthday! Ha. Lady, I already spent enough money last month.
I don’t feel any older today…but I’m sure that I will be good and sore after the training session tonight!
*I really must be getting old to think this way instead of sitting in front of the tv on a sick day.
2 comments:
I'm sorry you were sick on your birthday, but at least you got to take a mental health day and got a lot of things done. It could have been A LOT worse.
Also, it drives me CRAZY when people don't even bother with the birthday call or card anymore. That's why I took my birthdate off my FB profile. *shrugs*
Sorry that you were feeling sick on your birthday but at least you got to do some things at home rather than being miserable at work.
Feel better soon.
Post a Comment