Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.07.2009

Do I want to be on a reality show? Hell no!

Last night I got an email from Kleinfeld's, the bridal salon featured on "Say Yes to the Dress" where I will be shopping for my wedding dress (*shudder*) next month. Just so you know, it was not my idea to go to this bridal store....it was my aunt's. I would like my wedding dress to be no more than $500 as I am only going to wear it ONE DAY. My aunt wants me to go "for the experience." Needless to say, we are headed to a secondhand store afterwards where I will hopefully find a nice, inexpensive dress!

When CP and I played hooky from work last Friday, I watched a couple of episodes of the show to see what the experience is going to be like and got very, very scared. Instead of wanting to help these women find a dress that they like and are comfortable with, they are all about "the sale." I understand that they are sales people, but if people are not happy, then how is this show helping to sell the bridal salon?

In the two episodes I watched, the salon tried to convince a woman that the dress that came in was in fact the dress that she ordered (it wasn't) and another dress was not hemmed correctly. Awesome promotion TLC!

Here is the email:

Hello Ladies,
My name is [redacted] and I am a Casting Producer working for TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress." We are now in Season 3 of casting.

We work one on one with Kleinfeld Bridal here in Manhattan and we will be filming in the store the date of your appointment.

I just wanted to let you know in advance in the case that you may wish to be involved! We film your family and friends who you bring with you as well so it is fun!

If you haven't seen the show you can check it out on TLC's site for more information.

If you have NO desire to be involved then do not worry about writing me back. You will not be bothered one bit at the store if you choose to not take part.

If you are interested and have a good story you wish to share or just take part in the show, then email me back and I will send you the application.

This is a very light hearted, fun show that documents a women's search for her perfect wedding dress. Family and friends are encouraged to be involved as well if you want them to help you out with your perfect wedding dress search!

Feel free to google my name to find out other shows that I have cast.... I wish you all the best and hope to hear back from you.

All best,
[redacted]


I thought that the email was so funny (as my aunt, who is going dress shopping with me and my mom, wants me to do the show), I forwarded it to my bridesmaids and my mom and said this:

Yeah uhhhhh no chance in hell lady.

The reply from my sister (a bridesmaid):

Haha! Your worst nightmare. That show would love you though--they'd be awed and amazed by a woman who has no interest in wedding dress shopping. : )

I am seriously NOT looking forward to this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I would totally do it just to see the faces of the TLC producers when it's obvi you're so not into it. They won't know what to think.

Christina said...

My MOH got her dress and Klinfelds when they were in Brooklyn and said tha the experience is awesome.

The only down side is that the dresses start at $1200!

I must admit, I do watch the show and have now gotten my mom addicted. If you do go, I hope tha tyou get get Keisha, she is just aamzing and if I went I would ask for her.

I ordered my dress a few weeks ago here in Chicago but my mom (who lives in NY) wanted to go to Klinefelds.

Even though you may not get your dress there enjoy the experience.

Lacey Bean said...

Oh man I'm all about Kleinfelds, (and that show!) but cant imagine buying a dress there.

Have fun! I know my mom wants to go with me whenever I get engaged!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, good luck! I'm totally with ya - I wouldn't be involved with that if they paid me. Hopefully you'll find a great inexpensive dress afterwards. : )

EP said...

Wow. That's crazy! I sometimes watch that show and it makes me want to go dress shopping, but it sounds/looks so stressful.

I'm sure you'll be fine! You responded and said no, right?