Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

2.15.2010

Long weekend

So how did everyone’s weekend turn out? With CP gone, I was somewhat productive.

*I cleared the DVR of shows that CP refuses to watch with me. Examples: Grey’s Anatomy, Celebrity Rehab, Survivor.

*I went to a friend’s Mary Kay party. Although I bought a lot of MK stuff (and still use it) from a bridal party that I went to over a year ago, I thought that I would support her anyway…plus I needed a new bottle of moisturizer! I was really glad that I went because I actually learned how to put on bottom lid eyeliner without it looking goth or weird. Score! And then went I went to pick CP up from his bus from NYC, I was able to replicate the look all by myself. Double score! (This is quite the feat for me as I have had some of the same eye shadows for SIX YEARS. And generally only put on upper-lid eyeliner- with a brush and using powder.)

*I cleaned the house and did the laundry.

*I went on two trail runs at a local State Park. One was with Fuzzy Britches- it was great that she can finally run with me! Yesterday I ended up running four miles which is longer than I usually get to run in my 30 minute lunch-time workouts during the week. YAY!

*I watched the first eight episodes of Dexter Season Two. I first watched Dexter when CBS showed it in primetime during the actor’s strike a few years ago. I totally got hooked, but haven’t had the time to watch the rest of the seasons. With CP gone, I sat down for an eight hour marathon on Saturday and it was great!! I can’t wait to get the next four episodes in the mail from Blockbuster and then continue on to the Third Season! (no spoilers please!)

*I cooked Valentine’s Day dinner for CP. He was a bit hungover and tired from the bachelor party in NYC, but was very appreciative of the meal that I put together. I made Steak Tips with Peppery Mushroom Gravy, which despite the recipe being from Cooking Light and therefore somewhat-healthy, the meal was great! I would totally make it again. I also made Rich Potato Flatbread….which was somewhat of a bust. The end result tasted good, but they took a long time to cook and weren’t the right consistency. I will perfect the recipe before putting it up for you guys. Then for dessert I baked a few sugar cookies and as a joke, wrote “I LOVE YOU” (one letter per cookie) in red icing. The extra five cookies I put hearts on. Hee hee. Totally cheesy, but I thought that it was also cute.

How was your weekend? Did you get a long weekend too?

No comments: