Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

4.09.2010

Friday downer

What a Friday downer. I got a call from the other company and they said that although the managers that I interviewed with would LOVE to hire me, Human Resources looked at my resume and didn’t see that I had the requisite experience for the position. GRRRRR.

So I spoke to Human Resources and requested the opportunity to write up more information about the various projects I have been working on. I just sent off the document (NINE PAGES)- I’m crossing my fingers. Otherwise, our dream of moving to Denver may get put off for a couple of months….

CP won’t be home until about midnight tonight. I have hair appointment tonight and afterwards? I see some wine in my future.

3 comments:

justme said...

SO frustrating! the job market is so weird right now. i'm applying for one and i basically have said that i will do anything to at least interview for it. have called the HR director a million, plus or minus one, times and still nothing. and, i have the qualifications for the job.

Jess said...

Oh, that sucks! That's so annoying! I hope the nine pages you faxed off will do the trick. Keep us posted! My fingers are crossed for you.

Fannie said...

Awww, I hope that'll work ! Good luck to you :) I know how frustrating it is when you put so much effort towards a potential job and it doesn't pay out..

There's a giveaway happening on my blog if you want to enter, maybe it'll cheer you up ?

http://aritza-goddess.blogspot.com/2010/04/goddess-of-birthday-giveaway-1-charming.html