Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.18.2010

Back from hiatus

Wow. I took a two-week unexpected hiatus from blogging for no apparent reason. Whoops! Hopefully I will get back on board with regular posts starting today….if not, then I obviously don’t have anything interesting to say!

So what has been going on here so far this month….

  • CP and I had a nice anniversary. Unfortunately our dinner out to a Spanish restaurant wasn’t that exciting, but the meal that we shared (a whole lot of grilled seafood- clams, shrimp, mussels, scallops, etc.) reminded us of the food we had on our honeymoon (at least while we were in Mozambique). We picked a great day to hike up the tallest “mountain” in CT. Some of our pictures from the day….

If she could talk, Fuzzy Britches would have been saying "HURRY UP GUYS!"


Making FB take silly pictures


    The view at the top. What a beautiful day!

  • Fuzzy Britches was amazing. For almost being 7 years old, she is not fearful of much. On the way down the mountain we decided to do the loop (the longer way) instead of heading back down the way we came. While CP and I had branches and other items to help us from falling down big boulders, FB had no problems with the terrain. At times she would put her front paws down and slide down the big rocks, using her tail and shifting her weight to balance. It was fun to watch. She definitely slept well that night!
  • The next weekend CP and I headed up to VT with FB to meet some friends. We drove up to northern VT and met CP’s childhood friends, their wives and kids. I went ATVing for the first time (and surprisingly enjoyed it!) and we took a gondola ride up to the top of Jay’s Peak to check out the views. We saw Montreal, Lake Champlain (in NY) and the White Mountains of NH. Pretty amazing. It was FREEZING though and as we boarded the gondola to head back down to the base, it started snowing!

View from the top of Jay's Peak

  • On Sunday morning our friends got a phone call that I don’t wish upon my worst enemy. We helped their wives pack up and wrangle the kids as they raced down to their parents for a family emergency. Sadly there was no happy ending to this story.
  • Last week I started to run again. Plantar faciistis be damned! I ran a 5K both Monday and Wednesday, only walking up a couple steep hills. My pace was a SLOW 11:30 or so, but I’m simply happy that I am running basically the entire time. It will get better the more I run. Monday night I was in some serious pain while trying to walk because of my heel. I was still limping on Tuesday when I headed into work. Wednesday night and Thursday morning was not as bad, so I’m hoping with lots of stretching and ice I can keep the inflammation down.
  • CP got sick earlier last week and finally gave it to me on Thursday night. Bastard. I had high hopes of running on Saturday morning before family arrived, but felt icky. I still have a sore throat and some post-nasal drip, but am not down for the count. I probably won’t run tonight, but plan on running Wednesday after work.

What has been going on in your neck of the woods?

5 comments:

Jess said...

So sorry about your friends' emergency, and about you being sick! But the mental image of Fuzzy Britches sliding down rocks is adorable!

Christina said...

I love VT especially this time of the year. As pretty as fall i n Chicago is, I miss being in the north east, particularity the Catskills in the autumn.

I am sorry that your time with your friends aas cut short by a family emergency, I hope that they are doing okay.

And you, get better. CP is not allowed to apss you code germs!

Natalie said...

wow--that hike looks like it was gorgeous! i'm dying to do some fall hiking but we've just been too busy!

Kate said...

Lovely pics. Lovely.

Meg said...

Beautiful fall colours!! Looks amazing!