This weekend CP and I made a big decision. We decided that we are going to see a fertility doctor about possibly having an IUI treatment.
Surprisingly, it wasn’t a long conversation. I thought that I would have to convince CP to even go in for an appointment to talk to a doctor. But no. I’m not completely sure why he was suddenly fine with it, but didn’t want to push for an answer. :-) I just accepted it and made the appointment.
We will be meeting with a doctor on August 1st to talk about the procedure. I’m cautiously optimistic going into the procedure, even after reading on the internet that IUIs are about 10-20% successful. Maybe inserting the sperm directly into my uterus will help the little buggers out on their journey….
The good news is that my insurance pays for most of the procedure. I can have up to three total under my plan. So that at least helps us with the cost.
Here’s hoping this gets us pregnant!
11 comments:
That IS a big decision! I really hope things go well for you!
Good luck! This seems like a really reasonable next step. I know several people recently who've gotten pregnant through IUI. Here's hoping you'll be the next!
Good luck! I know it's a big decision, but it sounds like it'll be a good step in the right direction. Thinking of you!
That is good news! Best of luck to you and CP!
Best of luck to you both!!
fingers crossed for you two. that IS a big decision, so glad that it was a super easy one, sounds like, for both of you!
exciting news!! fingers crossed for you :)
That's a BIG decision! Good luck, I hope it all goes REALLY REALLY well!
That is a big (and exciting) decision. Sometimes, I think it's easy to say ABSOLUTELY NOT when it's still the hypothetical, but when you're in the middle of something, we realize our initial stance might have been wrong. Whatever the case, hope this works!
That's wonderful that the insurance will pay for most of it! Good luck to you both!
That is so exciting. Sending pregnancy wishes up for you!
Post a Comment