Yesterday CP and I went to his latest doctor appointment. Unfortunately, we didn't get any answers.
CP got poked and pulled a bit more, along with a probe that he was not too fond of (that *might* have made up for my HSG test). The doctor proclaimed him fit and healthy with no need for surgery to fix a varicocele.
In other words, we have no answers as to why CP has a normal amount of sperm, but just a lower amount of "good" sperm.
CP is going to start taking a multivitamin which could help according to the Mayo Clinic.
We now have to discuss whether we are interested in finding out more about the IUI procedure. From what I know about it, CP would give a sperm sample. That sample would be put into a centrifuge where the seminal fluid would be separated from the sperm. Sperm would then be injected into the uterus via a syringe.
I wouldn't have to take any fertility drugs, but will the procedure be too artificial for us? At this point I am willing to give it a chance, but I am not sure that CP is. We were putting off discussing it until after the appointment, but with no new answers it looks like it is time to figure out what we are willing to do.
3 comments:
I know that sometimes you want something to be wrong so that you can have a reason why things are the way that they are. But the good news is that CP is healthy.
Have you seen a reproductive endocrinologist, they might have some options.
Hope is not lost!
I'm so sorry you're not getting the answers you're looking for. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you guys.
I know you'll figure out what's right for you guys, I just hope you can get there without too much stress and strain.
I'm sorry you're not getting any more answers. That's tough.
Post a Comment