Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.22.2013

Master bedroom renovation

I should have posted this months ago, but somehow I forgot to upload the pictures.  I don't have great before pictures, but our master bedroom thankfully didn't need as much work as some of our other previous rooms.

I mean, the green/blue walls and the dark turquoise trim paint was certainly interesting....




CP also had to do a bunch of repairs of the plaster....mainly on the ceiling.  



Because I was going through IVF/newly pregnant while this renovation was going on, I stayed out of the room and away from painting anything.  It was kind of nice.  :-)  (And yes, I realize that it took me almost my entire pregnancy to post about this.)


We ended up going with a creamy ceiling, beige walls and using a stencil for the wall behind our bed.



The room cleaned up....



Later this week I have a post on the renovation of the nursery!

5 comments:

JustMe said...

The stencil is great and I love the hard wood floors. I want to see the room with furniture in it. And I REALLY can't wait to see the nursery!

Anonymous said...

I agree with JustMe on all accounts! It looks so nice and peaceful!

Aramis said...

Turquoise trim? Who does that?? Seriously? I love the stencil, it's lovely!

Amber said...

I've never seen from like that for a bedroom. I do love the look of the creamy ceiling and beige walls. Looks nice! We just got our kitchen floors done and painted the walls in there. Now to put it all back together... And then starts the nursery!

Amy Jo said...

I just love your makeover pics! Did you put in the floors or were they already? And turquoise trim...what were they thinking?