Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.21.2013

Non sequitur post

I'm not sure if the phrase "exactly 6 weeks until the C-section!" is similar to a magical kick in the butt, but uttering it on Friday seemed to spur something in CP.  Our weekend was mainly filled with friends and family as it was my mom's birthday on Friday (we had a delicious dinner in Chicago to celebrate) and then my second baby shower on Saturday.  I didn't get to bed until after midnight both nights so I was dragging on Sunday- even after going out for a delicious dim sum brunch in Chicago's Chinatown.  But as soon as I got back to the house from dropping my friend who flew out for the shower at the airport, CP was in baby mode.  He first wanted to head to Buy Buy Baby to get the rest of the essential items on our registry.  A ridiculous amount of money later (THANK GOODNESS FOR BABY SHOWERS), we dragged our new purchases back to the house and started to put things together.

Actually, I first voiced my uneasiness over putting all of the baby stuff together when we don't have a baby in our arms yet, but CP poo-poo'ed my worries.  I still feel a bit uneasy that we have things other than just the crib and the glider put together, but since we have the time now, I guess it makes sense.  Plus it removes a large number of boxes from our living room and we can start to figure out where things are going to fit in the house.  Koda and Buster were both very interested in all of the new purchases and seemed kind of bummed that they were not new dog toys.  CP and I were joking that this kid better not be allergic to dogs because there is no way we could keep the dog hair off of...well....everything in the house!

-------------------------------------------------------

On a completely different topic, when people tell you that pregnant women are like furnaces, it is seriously not a joke.  The past couple of days have been a bit cooler here in the Chicago area and with our windows closed, the house has been staying at a pretty consistent 61 or 62 degrees, even if the temperature outside is only 42.  I am perfectly happy with this temperature, but Sunday morning CP came downstairs and noticed that we could actually see our breath while we were in the sunroom.  The sunroom has always been a bit cooler than the rest of the house- it was an addition to the original house and we are guessing that it is not well insulated.....and it doesn't have a basement beneath it.  So the fact that the thermostat in the dining room said that the house was 61 degrees didn't mean that the sunroom was that temperature.  Normally (aka pre-pregnancy) I would be FREEZING and surreptitiously adding a few degrees to the thermostat, but I have rejoicing in the cooler house temperature.  However, tonight is supposed to get down to 33 and I think that we may finally need to turn the heat on.....boo.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hmm this may be the start of a number of disjointed and non sequitur posts if I don't go to bed earlier....

8 comments:

Amber said...

6 weeks away??? It's amazing how close that sounds in comparison to a month and a half. The thought of having to go out and buy all the necessary baby items that we don't get at the showers gives me heart palpitations at the expense. I would be on CP's side here, and put things together as well. You are only 6 weeks away!! Ahh!! How did that happen? So excited for you!

One and Done? said...

6 weeks! That sounds so exciting and scary at the same time!

Anonymous said...

6 weeks, wow, that is so soon!
I understand the uneasiness about putting baby stuff together, but you are almost there, and it has to be easier to do it now than later when one of you is always busy holding the baby.

Amy Jo said...

6 weeks...oh my gosh!!!

We broke down and turned the heat on Sunday. They are calling for snow this week here in Michigan so I guess it was time. It doesn't mean I was happy about it though. I have this rule that the furnace does NOT go on until November.

Just T said...

I can't believe you are only six weeks away from meeting your little one. It is really cute that CP is in overdrive on getting things ready.

Anonymous said...

Six weeks is SO soon! How exciting! You'll definitely be grateful that you got things together ahead of time when the little one is here.

JenS said...

wow. this baby will be here before you know it.
I am laughing about you being hot all the time. I was always roasting and normally I am always cold. My husband loved it because I was finally the same temp as him so we didn't have to battle it out over heat or A/C.

JustMe said...

So close! Really, it will fly by. I was laughing about the dog hair on baby stuff. I feel the exact same way. My cat has been sleeping in the stroller and I figure, "oh well." Also, we put Monte's bed right next to the crib in the room cus there is no other place to put it. Sooo yeah. This baby is going to grow up with pet hair.