![]() |
| Yes I took a picture of it |
I made sure that I gave it to her for her morning bottle so that I would be the person to give her the last bottle of breastmilk.
![]() |
| Yes I took a picture of Izzy drinking it because I am clearly insane |
It sounds a little crazy, I know, but stopping before I was completely ready has made me a little weird about the whole thing. Now we move into a few months of expensive formula before switching over to cow's milk.
I am happy that I was able to nurse Izzy for as long as I did. Frankly, I probably would have kept nursing her in the morning and at night for a while if she would have let me. But there are definite positives to having milk-free boobs once again. (I can finally declare my boobs milk-free as of last Weds.) I am doing my best to think about all of the positives, but I am still surprisingly sad about no longer nursing. This is despite the fact that when I am feeding her a bottle, I get to look into her eyes more than I did while she was nursing (big boob problems).
Every once in a while I get a twinge in my boobs but they have deflated as they are supposed to. Now I'm waiting for them to shrink a little (please, please shrink!).
All of my pumping parts, my nursing pillows, lanolin, maternity clothes, nursing clothes, and clothes that Izzy no longer fits into have been boxed up and put into the attic. I hope with all of my heart that I get to use everything up there again.


4 comments:
awww I know I'll be a little sad when I wean Paloma. I hope you get to use all your maternity stuff etc. again!
I'd be the same way. I'm even sad about introducing solids, which we'll do in a couple of weeks. Babies grow so fast!
I hope you get to use all of your baby/maternity things again. I think you will. ;)
I hope you get to use it all again as well. Hard closing a chapter and moving onto another. Hope you have a great weekend.
It has to be all the harder to accept because it wasn't on your terms. It's okay to be a little sad about that. Izzy is adorable and apparently going to have a strong personality!
Post a Comment