Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.30.2015

Microblog Mondays





It's Monday but I'm still excited about the day! Yesterday I bought the Fitbit Charge HR and couldn't wait to wear it. Sadly my Nike Fuelband died months ago and I have lacked motivation to exercise (other than walking) since starting the meds for the frozen transfer and especially since the miscarriage. The last time I ran was January 17th for only 2 miles- YIKES!!

I would like to lose a little weight before I start fertility meds again as I am not really fitting into my jeans right now. :-( Tonight I plan on looking for a mid-May race so that I keep myself accountable.

Today it is forecasted to get up to 59 degrees here in Chicago (!) and armed with my new Fitbit I'm ready to burn some calories with a run with Buster during lunch (I'm working from home today). Wish me luck as I'm sure I will be walking a bunch!


Interested in reading more Microblog Mondays? Go here.

8 comments:

Cristy said...

Exciting! I just replaced the battery in my FitBit. It's sad that without it I tend not to move as much, but it is a good motivator. Hope you like your new device!

Just T said...

My hubby just pulled his FitBit out again. I am total procrastinator at this point. I am glad your weather is warming up some!

Conceptionally Challenged said...

It's good to see you up and running, quite literally. I've been reading along and thinking of you. Glad your body seems to be bouncing back.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to buy a FitBit but my husband told me to wait for the Apple Watch. We'll see what I decide on later. I am excited for you that you're getting back on moving around! I hope that makes you feel physically better and stronger before you start your cycle again.

Aramis said...

I might have to get me one of these FitBit contraptions. I have a feeling I'm going to need motivation to exercise soon!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

How is the new Fitbit? I never thought I wanted one, but I've been thinking more and more that it would motivate me. I'm trying to park far away and walk more places, pretending I have a Fitbit :-) But I want the actual numbers.

Jess said...

Oh, 59! Spring has got to be on it's way. I Gretel like there should be a study done in pound gained during this hideously long winter... Enjoy your FitBit and getting in some exercise and endorphins before your next cycle. I'm impressed that you're planning for a race!

Savannah said...

I just went back to the gym this week myself (for the same pants reason). I was pleasantly surprised that I ran as much as I did. Granted, I walked most of it, but I did have three 3 minutes sessions where I can.

But I'm not going to find a fun run. I can't understand that people pay money to run. :p