Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.01.2015

Hormone update

Monday I went in for another round of bloodwork and an ultrasound. My lining was still pretty thick and I had a easy period this month so it looks like that isn't going down any time soon. Not sure what my uterus thinks is so valuable and thus worth hanging onto....

My estrogen level increased to 265 (it should be under 60). Again, instead of dropping it is increasing. Grrrr. I also have a clear cyst on my left ovary measuring 30mm. 

The rest of my hormones were normal. I'll be back in the office on Monday for more bloodwork and another ultrasound to see what's going on. Here's hoping the birth control brings my estrogen level back down to normal and that the clear cyst has resolved itself! Also on Monday CP and I will be getting re-tested for our CMV levels- we are crossing our fingers we will get authorized to start a cycle later this month!

******************************************************


In other news, I played softball for the first time last night. My office has a team and I agreed to be a substitute, knowing that with CP's travel schedule I couldn't be a full-fledged member. I haven't played since freshman year of high school but was still fairly effective last night. I mostly played at third base and was effective in my fielding AND had a spot-on throw to first for an out. However, in the second inning I moved laterally and pulled my groin muscle for the first time in my life! I tried to stretch it as much as possible while teammates were batting but I was in PAIN. I made contact and had three solid hits for my three times at bat (however I was thrown out at first each time- I'd like to think because my groin slowed me down), but running to first also hurt. 

I have been icing a lot and took a slow walk with Buster today at lunch (I'm working from home today). Anything else I should be doing? I fear that groins take a long time to heal...

6 comments:

Gypsy Mama said...

I hope the birth control does the trick and your groin pull heals quickly :)

Gypsy Mama said...

I hope the birth control does the trick and your groin pull heals quickly :)

Jess said...

Ouch! Sorry about your pulled muscle. I hope your hormones get under control soon and you can get this show on the road!

Aramis said...

I always had crazy high estrogen levels too, it's a DOR thing. Although in your case I'm also guessing that cyst is estrogen-producing. I hope it goes away for the next check!

Jess said...

Argh, that's so frustrating! I hope the Pill brings down your estrogen and helps shed that stubborn lining. Ow, that groin pull sounds awful! I hope it heals quickly. I'm impressed with your softball skills though!

Alice said...

I have had groin pulls and they are no fun. I don't know how to heal them though, you're already doing more than I have in the past :)

Bah. Sorry to hear about the tests. I am now sort of wishing I was able to get tested now so I would know if there are any issues (is my estrogen super high? super low? WHO KNOWS!?) so I could FIX THEM instead of potentially just sitting here wasting month after month :P