Welp, I can't get a appointment with the infectious disease doctor until September 3rd so it looks like there will be no cycling until at least some time in September. That gives both of us more time to hopefully decrease the CMV levels in our body and stay away from my sister's wedding next Memorial Day weekend. Ideally the transfer would be around mid-October so that I would be heavily pregnant, but not cutting it too close.
Meanwhile I decided that I am somewhat sick of running (or my lack of running) so I should try something else. My abs (or lack there of) have been rather sad since Izzy's birth....they got a little better when I was running last year but since I haven't really worked on them in a number of years, I find myself really annoyed that my stomach is so weak these days.
I am also bored with 30 Day Shred. It's bad when you can quote Jillian throughout the entire video. So why not try something more difficult and work out my frustration on having to wait even longer to cycle? That's where Insanity comes in. A used copy of the program popped up on a local Facebook garage sale group and I jumped on it. I did the Fit Test today and I think that this program is going to be difficult, but doable. And it's definitely going to have me work on my core so it should be stronger by the time I start cycling.
My hope is to do the program at least 5 days a week. I know that you are supposed to do it 6 days a week with one rest day but I want to give myself more leeway, even if it stretches the program out a little longer. Wish me luck!
Have you ever done P90X or Insanity?
6 comments:
Everyone I've heard that's done it said they've lost tons of weight!
M and I did Insanity a couple of years ago, and had great results with it. I slimmed down and toned up quite a bit. Tanya is my fave! The one thing I did find though was that it was a bit hard on my knees, since there are a lot of plyometric exercises and jumping and stuff. By the end of it I was having some aching, but it cleared up once I stopped. Good luck!
So sorry to hear about the setback. How frustrating.
I haven't tried any of those, but have been thinking about trying 30 day shred.
I'm sorry to hear about the setback! :(
Dave tried both versions of p90x - it's HARD. We're both doing the 21 Day Fix now and LOVE it. 30 min workouts, great eating plan, it's awesome. Let me know if you want more info - I just signed up as a coach. <3 PiYo is also really good - it's low intensity but such a great workout.
Okay, you are motivating me to look into starting one of those programs. I haven't done any of them, but desperately need to kick my fat fanny into gear!
Sorry for the delay on your cycle. It's so frustrating when you are forced to schedule appointments so far out!
I have not done either but I did like the 21 Day Fix from Beachbody. I know a lot of people who've gotten great results from P90X and Insanity, though. My aunt loves T25. Have you tried Ripped in 30 by Jillian? It's similar to 30DS but I like it a bit more.
Post a Comment