Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.04.2015

Long weekend!

I'm going into the long weekend feeling great. Here's why:

*On Monday CP finalized the sale of the condo we have held in Denver since we left in 2008. We have had various renters for the past 7 years but have never quite covered the mortgage/HOA fee/renters insurance/property mgmt fee. Now we will have a couple hundred extra dollars a month and no headache- yay!

*My major meds arrived from my insurance company's specialty pharmacy which has me wanting to start sticking myself with needles NOW but I must wait. Last time was such a hassle so it was nice to have a smooth transaction. The other good news is that my insurance company quoted me a little over $3K as my co-pay for the specialty meds- but it ended up being just over $2100. Woo hoo! I still have some other meds to pick up but saving almost $900 has me pretty excited.

*I went for a run today with Buster and although I was slow, I still did it. Couple that with my monthly Bunco night with the neighborhood ladies tonight and I am happy.

What are you feeling great about today?

4 comments:

Jess said...

That's a whole truckload of great news! It's so rare to have extra money while pumping it into your ovaries/uterine lining, so this is the best of all windfalls. Love when medication is less expensive than you thought. And congrats on the condo sale! It is way too hot for a run (or even a brisk walk in my opinion) here. I feel good today about making a dent in the scads of school work I didn't realize I had still to do until after the first two days of students. And I feel really good about this school year -- my kids are total sweethearts so far.

Jess said...

This is all awesome news! I hope it turned out to be the start of an awesome long weekend.

michiganwhat said...

Ughhhh I cannot login to my wordpress again. I just go so long in between posting, I forget my password, and it doesn't send me a reset email right away. Soooo, yeah.

I am 34w2d. EDD is 10/19, so I am in that weird zone where it's close, but far away? Pregnancy has been pretty mild. Gained about 17 lbs so far, no heartburn, and the baby isn't a big mover. It's almost like I am not pregnant if it weren't for the peeing and the gigantic belly... and the 800 appointments I've had because of this low PAPP-A thing I was diagnosed with. Go twice a week now for NST's. Overall, it's been pretty uneventful. We did move out of Detroit and bought a house in the suburbs, so I've been keeping busy with that (and my pug, so much drama there.)

Hope you're doing well :) I also love Bunco. Have a group of girls I usually play with once a month! So fun!

Amber said...

That's a whole lot of terrific stuff to start your weekend on a good note! Hope your weekend continued to be fantastic!