As I mentioned before, CP and I were sad that our vacation up to Northern WI last month was a bust. So we batted around the idea of going somewhere this winter when I am hopefully pregnant, but not pregnant enough to not travel. My parents threw out the idea of going to Palm Springs right after Christmas and we contemplated that (my parents have a condo that they rent out there) but decided that since we have already been there, we wanted to go somewhere different.
My parents also have a timeshare through Starwood (Westin) and we checked out the various resorts but there aren't a ton and places like Atlantis in the Bahamas would be awesome, but we want to wait until Izzy is a few years older to take her there. Same with Orlando- we will do Disneyland at some point but not when Izzy is only two years old and not going to remember it.
With my family out we talked to my MIL to see if she would be interested in joining us on our vacation instead of coming out for Izzy's birthday or Christmas. She was on board and we started talking about Florida or somewhere in the Caribbean. That plan got scrapped when we checked out CP's airline miles and he talked to his coworker that is originally from Costa Rica. His coworker totally sold him on going to CR and since I have always wanted to go there I was on board from the beginning! It's only a 5 hour flight from Chicago, there will be plenty of animals to see/beaches/things to do for Izzy and it's going to be a vacation full of beautiful sites so I am SUPER PUMPED. This vacation is much more my style- yay for nature!
I late February we are flying into Liberia, Costa Rica on a Friday night and staying 9 days, eventually flying out of San Jose, Costa Rica. We definitely want to see Arenal (the amazing volcano), check out some beaches, and see fun animals. CP and I are hoping to get away to do a dinner just the two of us- maybe on the beach? I have always wanted to do that. If I am not pregnant we would love to do some scuba diving as well.
Any other travel tips of things to see/do in Costa Rica?

4 comments:
Oh, I love Costa Rica! I went one summer in high school and fully intend to go back someday. It's so beautiful and everyone is so friendly!
We went to Arenal as well as several other spots (I'll have to look up names), but I remember loving the Caribbean coast the most (black sand beaches!). You are going to LOVE it!
Wow that's going to be amazing, have fun!!
Oh, this sounds amazing! Jealous!
I've actually been to Atlantis and highly recommend it!!! (For the future of course :)
I have a friend that went to Costa Rica and absolutely loved it. After hearing her stories, it's on my list of places I want to go to also! What a great place to go for a make up vacation!
Post a Comment