HOLY SH*T I AM PREGNANT!
Let me back up. As you all know, I went in on Day 20 of my cycle to my RE to make sure that I had ovulated. Once I did I started putting on estrogen patches and doing Ganerelix injections. I was so frustrated when I had a bit of blood on Day 25 (now maybe it was implantation bleeding?) and then nothing since then. Well...um...being pregnant would be a reason why I wouldn't get a period!
This weekend I was so pissed that I wasn't getting my period and that I wouldn't be able to cycle that I had two glasses of wine and took Nyquil so that I could sleep despite my never-ending cold.
So this morning I went into my RE's office to find out what was going on in my body. The ultrasound tech was very quiet the entire time and when she was almost finished she asked "Have you taken a home pregnancy test?" I said no because there was no way that I could get pregnant naturally. CP and I literally had sex once this month and while it was around ovulation, that wasn't on purpose. The tech said, "well, see this on the ultrasound? It's either a gestational sac or a cyst. And your lining is really thick- like 23 mm. I guess we will have to wait for your bloodwork to come back."
I tried my best to temper down my potential excitement because the month before we did an IUI and I didn't get pregnant, how the hell could we do it naturally? I got on my train, trying not to think about it, went into the CVS on the way to work to buy a pregnancy test, the whole time saying that I was just going to be disappointed. I found a plastic cup to pee into in my work bathroom and waited for the result. It took about a minute for the "pregnant" sign to come up and I about sh*t my pants. Then about a minute later, the 2-3 weeks popped up (today is Cycle Day 39).
Talk about no symptoms this time. No cramping in my uterus. No sore breasts. The only thing that has changed a bit is I am a bit constipated. I'm not even that tired. Maybe a lot of the early symptoms are mostly from the drugs that I am usually on?
CP was shocked when I called him up. I had to email my nurse to see if she could switch the blood tests that they were running today. Obviously I don't need my baseline numbers.... I need a beta and my progesterone level!
Today, well, today I am ecstatic. CP and I got pregnant naturally. It is literally a miracle- especially after the past month where I have been super stressed at work. Continue growing little one!!

27 comments:
Wow, congratulations!! This is wonderful :)
Hoping for an uneventful happy healthy pregnancy!
Gahhhh..... this is the best news EVER!!!! I am so, so happy for you and CP. Congratulations
OH! MY! GOODNESS!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
YAAAYYYYY!!!!!
That is so amazing! I am so happy for you! YAY!! CONGRATS! Way to go, little guy!!
I HAVE SO MANY CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS BUT OMG THIS IS FABULOUS!! :D :D :D
OMG is right!!!! So exciting!
I can't even express how much I love reading these outcomes. I bet you almost passed out when seeing that sick! I can't wait to hear your numbers. How far along do you think you are?
Holy crap! After all that you've gone through to get pregnant naturally? You must be beyond ecstatic! So very happy for you, CP, and Izzy. Such a fantastic way to cap off 2015. I'm thrilled for you!!
Woo hoo!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!
WOOHOO!!!!! xxxx
OMG!!! That's so friggen exciting!! Congrats! :)
Literally the best news ever! Fingers crossed it continues!
What the what??? Holy shit, congratulations!! OK, you are like the fifth blogger I read that this has happened to...maybe I SHOULD be considering birth control....
Woot!!!! This makes my day!! Congratulations!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's SO exciting!
OMG YAY! Congrats!!! THAT'S AMAZING! Go baby go!!!
Oh my gosh congratulations!! I can't believe how many of "our group" have gotten pregnant naturally! This is great news :)
OMG!!! YAY!! So happy for you!!!! :) :)
OMG indeed! CONGRATS! That's completely and utterly amazing...I am so happy for this total surprise! What wonderful news to go into the holidays with.
Holy cow! I haven't been able to keep up with blogs recently and I decided to check in today and this is the news I am seeing! That is amazing! Congrats! I really can't believe how many bloggers this has happened to.
OMG! YAY!! Sending you allllll good vibes for an easy, stress free pregnancy!
Yay!!!!!!! Best news ever!!! Congratulations!!!!
Holy smokes! What awesome news. congrats!
This is the best news. I have a 4 week old after 20 years of no natural pregnancy it is amazing when it happens. I am so over the moon for the three of you xxx
What wonderful news!! It's so crazy how many couples try with fertility treatments and don't conceive right away, or do conceive and then for baby #2, conceive on their own. This is great- so many congrats! (PS- I'm not sure if I ever said or not, but I'm a fertility nurse! So, this news is some of the best coming from the nursing side, that we share with patients-- followed by discharging them to their own OB after a good first ultrasound!)
Oh my god, congratulations!!! So excited for you guys :-)
Congrats! Such great news!
I literally have the biggest freaking smile on my face right now!!!! No way! Sex one time in the past month and it happened to be magical! Lol. WOW! I'm so excited and happy for you!
Wow!!!! So so so happy for you!! What a story!! This baby really wanted to join your family!! Big hugs to you guys.
Let me know when you're due...I'm pregnant too! Due end of July :)
Post a Comment