Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.15.2017

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started early this year. I stayed home with Wes on Friday because he threw up/had diarrhea at daycare on Thursday. That afternoon I was still able to head over to daycare early to see Izzy for a Mother's Day Tea because CP flew in from a work trip that morning and took over staying with Wes.

Our "craft" was to help our child glue puzzle pieces that they had colored onto a picture frame. There was also some lemonade and cinnamon corn bread for the kids and parents. Izzy gave me her "quiz" which made me laugh and tear up. 

My two new favorite picture frames



(BTW, we asked later on and home clothes are what you wear at home. I wear train clothes when going to work because I take the train every day, Daddy wears car clothes and often wears plane clothes because he travels a lot. LOL.)

Saturday we picked out the fireplace insert for our house and then headed over to a friend's house for a few hours. We then headed up to MI to hang out with my parents. Wes seemed to be fine until only 30 minutes into the drive when we could suddenly smell an issue. Another change of clothes for Wes and two diapers later we were back on the road. It ended up taking us double the time it was supposed to because we had to stop a second time because CP started to have issues as well.

Yesterday I got to sleep in a little, call the doctor to see if there was anything we should be doing for Wes, and change some more poopy diapers before we headed out for a Mother's Day brunch with my parents. Poor CP had to deal with more diarrhea mid-brunch. We ended up leaving MI soon afterwards because the doctor suggested taking Wes to an urgent care clinic (waste of money), CP had to pick up a shirt to wear for his upcoming interview (yay!), and CP had to go to the store and make dinner (scallion meatballs with a soy-ginger glaze over rice with bok choy and broccoli). 

It ended up being a pretty normal day, but I don't have too high of expectations these days. CP got me a Stitch Fix gift card which is sort of an interesting present because he asked me about it a few weeks ago and I mentioned that I had heard that it wasn't the greatest service for curvy women in bigger sizes. So we'll see. I do really need an update to my wardrobe so maybe this is the answer? For those of you that do SF, I know that I have to make a Pinterest board, but do you have any other suggestions?

The two best parts of yesterday was what I would consider some cool milestones for my kids:

-Wes pulled himself up to a stand all by himself. I walked into the kitchen to quickly do something and when I came out, he had pulled himself up using a chair! I then tried to get him to do it for me so that I could actually see it, but he refused. But that's an exciting step and I'll see it soon enough.

-When I was putting Izzy to bed last night she spelled out every letter in the title of the book "Elephants on Ice." She has been able to point out letters for a while, but this was the first time she quickly went through the letters. 

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Karen - MommaBear said...

I just read an ex stylists tips from Stitch Fix. #1 be specific with your likes on Pinterest and keep it updated with changing wants/needs. Be very specific in your note to your stylist. The quality and the time saving is where the big win is here! I hope you get a great fix!

Lacey Bean said...

I agree with what ks said! And they've also gotten much better with sizing.