Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.24.2017

YouTube workout suggestions

This morning I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so I scrolled through Facebook before getting up at 4:50 to workout. It was pouring rain and I had planned on a workout inside so it worked out well.....until I started doing the actual workout.

Since we are in the rental house, I didn't bring any of my workout DVDs with because we didn't bring our DVD player with us. I also didn't bring any hand weights or anything else so I have to rely on body-weight programs only. I was looking for a Turbo Jam/kickboxing program because I used to think that was a lot of fun, so I ended up finding a Denise Austin cardio kickboxing workout. 




It was pretty terrible. She doesn't call out the moves ahead of time and willy-nilly decides to change things up so it was frustrating to try to stay with her (even the people in the video with her got confused). Never again. I finished the workout, but it was super unsatisfying and if I'm getting up before 5am to workout, I better enjoy what I am doing (at least a little bit).

After the workout was over, I took a few minutes to try to find something else. Fitness Blender has a kickboxing workout, but it is a weird video with one person doing the moves and no background music and it just seemed awkward. AthlenaXX (or something like it) had a kickboxing workout but it was so odd- one woman with a punching bag halfheartedly hitting the bag. Also a no. At least pretend like you are getting into the workout.

For the days that I am not running, I need a reliable workout. Something either kickboxing or strength training....that does not require accessories.....that is a 20-30 minute workout...with some pumping music in the background. I know about Beachbody but I'm just trying to find something on YouTube for the next two months while we are in our rental house. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Jatorade said...

Beachbody has ondemand now, and I think you can start with one free month...so you could sign up for one free month, then have CP sign up for one free month and that would get you through until you're back in your house!

countingpinklines said...

I'm not sure if this falls into strength training for you but I really like https://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates. They're relative short but you can chain several together.

RiverOwl said...

Blogilates and tone it up!

jAllen said...

If you have Comcast, they offer some yoga and cardio videos

Charlotte said...

I paid $99 for a year of beachbody on demand, all access. It's every program they make that you have access to, and many of them do not require weights, and you can do them in a small space. Plus you can stream them on any device, anywhere.

Unknown said...

Try The Body Coach on YouTube - loads of free HIIT body weight workouts