Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.22.2017

New intentions

About a month ago, I lamented that I wasn't happy with the way that my body was looking 9 months after giving birth for a second time. Sadly enough, I had gained 7 pounds since stopping breastfeeding and I wasn't working out. I was doing okay doing the Betty Rocker workouts, but I don't think that 15 minutes a day really cuts it and I wasn't doing the workouts every day anyway. I was lazy in trying to get back into shape.

Yesterday I decided that there was no more half-assing it. Despite loving my sleep, if I wanted to get my body in shape I would have to wake up early to workout before work if I really truly meant it. I want to set a good example for Izzy. I want to be able to run around with her and not feel totally out of shape. I didn't feel that way yesterday as I tried to help Izzy balance on her new-to-her big kid bike. I was jogging alongside her, partly bent over as I held onto the front bar of the bike to make sure she didn't fall...and I was quickly tired. Sure it was an awkward position but 9 months after having Izzy I was actually in pretty good shape because I had been running a bunch.

So...my plan is to get up 30-40 minutes early every morning to work out. Since I went for a run yesterday afternoon (it was slow....I didn't want to go.....it felt terrible...but I still did it) and Buster is home by himself today, I woke up at 5am to take Buster for a walk. We were the only ones up and walking around at that point which was nice. I even got a nice view of the moon.


Tomorrow? Waking up early to go for a morning run. Even if I can get two miles in before work it is something. Hopefully waking up a little earlier and working out can get my body energized for the day. 

2 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

I def need to get back in the regular exercise habit. Sigh. Habits are SO HARD!

xox

jAllen said...

It's hard to work out in the morning. I was on a good stretch for a while until I got sick and stayed home from swimming for a week, it was hard to get back in the grove