Hello lover! (Photo from Yahoo Sports)
I like my men manly. When I was growing up, I used to read Teen Beat with my sister, fawning over boys like Kirk Cameron. WTF? As I grew older, I started to fawn over rockers- people like Axl Rose and Anthony Kiedis. I even named our two goldfish after them. Again, WTF? But as my taste in actors and musicians has changed, one thing has stayed the same. I love me some manly sports-playing men. Growing up in my midwestern city? Michael Jordan was my unrequited love. He was so sexy with his bald head and huge smile. You could also tell that he put his heart into every single game. Now THAT's sexy.
After Michael Jordan retired (again and again), I had to find a new unrequited love. I found Brett and it was a match made in heaven. The scruff on the face. The love of the game. The clean image (minus the whole....uhhh painkiller addiction). My ex even gave me a tshirt that says "Got Favre?" instead of "Got Milk?" Even now that Brett's ass is a little saggy in his uniform? I still want to grab a piece of that adorable booty.
The reason I go into manly men is because thankfully, BF is a manly piece of meat. I have dated other guys that just can't cut it. I am still a tomboy, even in the last year of my 20s. I don't wear a lot of makeup, I would rather pants or capris over skirts and dresses, and I use one product in my hair after getting out of the shower (partly because I have curly hair and us curly hair people have lots of issues). I need a strong guy that doesn't mind a strong female.
One thing I can't stand? Men taking longer to get themselves ready than me. If you are a man that uses more products in your hair than me, we have a problem. I bet that Brett doesn't use ANY product in his hair. Okay, he probably doesn't need to because his hair is so short. Regardless.
I'm all for a guy being romantic, but when the guy is more sensitive then me? We have a problem. I dated a guy after college that was a musician. He was sensitive. I walked all over him. It wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. So when Brett cried after announcing his retirement? That's okay because it was for the love of the game. Hell, I cried after my last meet in college. (I'm also a girl so it's okay).
Speaking of crying, I am going to need my manly man to be there for me if I suddenly break out into tears Wedsnesday night while I am at the bar after THE BAR is over. I do love me some manly hugs.
No posting again until Thursday.....send good thoughts my way tomorrow and Wednesday. Thursday I will be back in god knows what shape.
1 comment:
I can't stand a man who takes longer to get ready to go somewhere than I do!
Love me some manly men!
Post a Comment