Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.15.2008

National Parks plug

I just read a sad article on CNN about the National Park System (find it here) and how people are not taking the opportunity to go and see some of the most beautiful sights in the world. Or, if they are going, they are just driving through the park, barely taking time to get out of their car. Growing up in the midwest, we were not close to any national parks. If we took trips as a family, we would go to see relatives in such places like Ohio or Florida. My dad is also not what one would call an "outdoorsy guy."

So, until I had a chance to move out west, I had few experiences in national parks. I have been lucky enough to hit up some of our most famous national parks in the three years I was in law school and I can't wait to go to many more. Below are some of my pictures from my various trips....surprisingly all taken with a Canon point and shoot digital camera!

Old Faithful erupting at Yellowstone, Wyoming

Joshua Tree National Park, California


Haleakala National Park, Maui


Arches National Park, Utah



Canyonlands National Park, Utah


Moose in Denali National Park, Alaska

Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado


Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

Elk in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado

[Soapbox rant] Not everyone has the money to fly to see some of these sights. We are lucky to live in such an amazing country as we have national parks, monuments, state parks, and historical sights all over the country! We have mountains, deserts, lush forests, waterfalls, etc. You are truly missing out on some amazing sights and animals if you choose not to visit some of these places in the near future. [end rant]

No comments: