I made another decision last night on my way home from work (BTW, this might not be the BEST time of the month to make these decisions but I am running with it). I am going to dye my hair. Right now I still have my highlights in from this past May and you can definitely see that my roots are darker (the highlights are a dark caramel color, my real hair is brown). It's starting to look bad so I think that it is time to take the plunge. The last time I went in to do my highlights the woman at Aveda said that with the number of gray hairs that I have, it might just be easier to dye my whole head. So I am thinking about moving towards a darker color, maybe just a little darker than my normal hair.
My friend J is totally on board. She has been dying her hair forever and suggested that I do it out of a box on say a Friday night and if it looks awful, to then go to a salon Saturday to get the color fixed. CP thinks that I should just go to the salon to get it done so that I don't pick a silly color. I kind of agree with CP- I think that if I go to a salon they will be able to help me figure out the best color for me instead of standing in front of all of the boxes at the drugstore for hours on end, unable to make a decision.
So, I have an appointment tonight at a nearby salon. Cross your fingers that it goes well! Tonight is our three year anniversary so my new hair color will be a complete surprise!
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Happy new hair!
Yeahhhhhhh I am not fond of hairdressers right now, but I am here to wish you the BEST of luck.
Your stylist thanks you for not dumping a box on it first. Believe me.
Hope it goes well!
yea for a new hair color:) & happy, happy anniversary!
I think that's a fabulous idea! First, because if you've already chemically altered your hair, you'll want a professional dealing with covering up that color. And second? Your wedding should be timeless. And depending on the severity of your highlights, it could "date" your wedding next year. Something closer to your natural color will most definitely look best on you.
Post a Comment