Sometimes on my blog I don’t think that I remember to follow up on topics (which makes sense because I often have no idea what I was doing 10 minutes ago). So, here are updates on the following posts:
Getting engaged
When I look back on how CP proposed, I think that it was almost perfect. Just like I had said here, I didn’t want him to have to spend any extra money going away for the weekend and I didn’t want him to do it in public. Even though he really didn’t have much of a plan, it was great. Just the two of us, hiding in the ring in a meal that he had made for me. I even love the fact that he was so nervous when he did it- even though he knew I would say yes! I wish that he had thought of a few words to say other than “uhhh I really didn’t plan a speech” but saying romantic things isn’t quite his forte. He *is* an engineer. Ever since we have gotten engaged I actually think that he has become a bit sweeter? Maybe it is due to not worrying about having the ring underneath the passenger seat of his car anymore!!!
Bridesmaids
My maid of honor and all three of my bridesmaids said yes! Okay, so two of them thought that my email to them was spam, another one never got the email, and my maid of honor said that she would have preferred chocolate (she was kidding….kind of), but whatever. The one bridesmaid that I was worried about accepting the job and I did have a discussion about money and what she would be expected to do as a bridesmaid. I reassured her that if she couldn’t make it to the bachelorette party (which contrary to her belief I didn't want to have it in Vegas) or the shower it wouldn’t be a big deal. I know that she is busy herself, planning her elopement, trying to find a job that she actually likes, etc. And I wouldn’t want to be the one that prevents her from not going on a nice honeymoon with her future husband simply because she had to spend the money on a plane ticket out to my shower. She was also the person most surprised by my invitation. “Really? Me? But you have so many friends! Are you sure?”
Another bridesmaid has a ton of ideas (which is great) because she basically planned her cousin’s wedding this summer. I personally thought that making your cousin plan your own wedding is pretty crappy- if you are that lazy hire a wedding planner to do it for you! But, whatever floats your boat. I assured my bridesmaids that I probably won’t be asking them to do too much over the coming year.
Dinner salad
CP and I have been doing pretty well with the small salads with dinner every night. I would say we have a side salad at least three times a week with dinner. The two reasons we don’t have a salad every night? CP plans on making too much food (a meat, a starch, and a veggie side plus a salad would be too much) or I am simply too lazy to wash lettuce that night. I would like to continue this through the winter as I am hoping to keep the extra pounds from holiday grazing away.
New hair color
I still love my new hair color. My mom mentioned that going with a darker color means being vigilant in keeping up the dye job, but I think that I would still have to dye it just as often if I did a lighter color. Either way my grays love to show themselves off to the world!
Leaving for DC?
These decisions apparently take a long time to make…so even though I was supposed to hear two weeks ago, I have yet to hear anything. The sooner I hear, the sooner I can figure out where to live, if I am taking my car down, how often I will come back up to MA, etc. Plus I have friends that are dying to have me for three months straight after being on the other side of the country for so long!
Makeup remover
I went with Neutrogena wipes because I didn’t have to wash my face off after using them. They seem to be working out okay so far. They don’t get all of the eyeliner powder off my eyelids so when I take a shower in the morning I come out with dark smudges underneath my eyes, but I remedy that with a quick towel wipe and I am good to go.
Attempting to make new friends
We have made it to one event....and haven't had time to make it to another one. We are busy for the next three weekends....then come the holidays...so I have no idea when and if we are going to make new friends in this area any time soon.
My new phone
In two words? It sucked. Thankfully, Verizon has a 30 day return policy, so I ended up getting the LG enV2. It is much better. I am hoping to have it for two years...maybe by then the IPhone will have crossed over to Verizon.
Joint bank accounts
So far, having a joint bank account is going okay. We haven't fought about bills and neither of us have put weird things on the credit card.
3 comments:
I like the LG enV2 as well except for some of the weird ring tons.
I might be a little late here but....
Congrats on being engaged!
Thanks! So you haven't been reading my blog for the past month, huh? *tear* ;-)
Post a Comment