Thanks for the comments yesterday! I didn't mean to make it seem like I was already stressing over bridesmaid dresses- I'm actually not. I think that I was just recognizing that it is going to be difficult to do with different body shapes and bridesmaids scattered around the country.
Also, I wanted to apologize about my lack of comments lately. I am not able to get onto Reader at work and I try to do a lot of my reading on my phone while on the bus. It's really hard to write comments so I end up wanting to comment, but then forgetting to by the time I get home. I will try to get better!
Moving on......while I appreciate wedding websites such as The Knot- what with their checklist and the budgeter tool- I am already getting annoyed at them. I have been trying to figure out how to ask my four favorite girls if they will be my bridesmaids and all websites are trying to get me to buy edible invitations or cards in order to ask them. While it is a cute idea and not very expensive, little things like this tend to add up and before you know it, you are over budget and not able to purchase something you REALLY need for the wedding.
So, I decided to make my own invitations. To save trees, money on the cards and stamps, etc. I made a word document and attached it to an email (see below). The actual document has a bit more information on it, but you get the idea.
A girl can never have too many dresses in her closet………
……what’s one more?*
Will you be my bridesmaid?
*My intention was to put an ugly bridesmaid dress as the picture- it is a bit much, yes? :-)
4 comments:
Wait - people actually make invitations to ask ladies to be bridesmaids? I spoke with all my bridesmaids in person and over the phone (just like brides had done for years when asking me to participate in their weddings). I never knew there was a formality involved! In any case, cute email!
And The Knot? HATE IT. I signed up at first and immediately removed myself from it. I've checked in with it maybe twice over the past two months just to see the checklist. But, otherwise, let me plan my own non-fairy tale wedding, please!
thats a great idea:), but i don't know what you're talking about. i thought that dress was beautiful. definitely something that could be worn again.... ;-P lmao
What a fun email!
CNN recently did an i-report with the wost bridesmaid dresses, the winner....gold lame!
I like it! Way to go on saving trees also!
Post a Comment