The touch screen is going to take a little getting used to. The only thing that bothers me so far? That it is called the Glyde. I HATE when companies misspell names of products intentionally.
*Last night I trolled the small number of posts on the local Craigslist looking for potential friends in our area (no I haven't posted anything yet as I am still worried about that whole "swinging" thing that you guys warned me about!). Some guy posted about meeting new people and I responded. He said that he had about 15 people that were interested, but wanted to wait until 30 people wanted to meet up. To me that's kind of silly. Why not hold a happy hour and even if 5-10 people show up that gives people more one-on-one time to get to know each other? Maybe it's just me getting antsy.
*I also found a post that led to a bunch of Meetup groups in this area. Has anyone ever used Meetup before? If so, was your experience good or bad? I found a group for kayakers that sounds like fun. There was also a foodie group that is meeting for tapas about 30 minutes away in two weeks. BF and I thinking about checking it out....
*I was up way too late Monday night doing absolutely nothing so work was tough yesterday. I hate walking into work with red eyes looking like I had been out boozing all night. Me thinks it won't impress the head honcho..... Nor will the half falling asleep at my desk. I hate the taste of coffee, but knew that my caffeine mints would probably make me a little jittery. By the way? The caffeine mints below? Are freaking awesome. I would highly recommend them. They definitely got me through law school.


3 comments:
I want a new fancy phone, too! No fair!
(Also, can I please join your friend club when I move there? Kthx.)
:)
caffeine mints? really? how did i not know of these? i actually don't drink/eat any caffeine but I will definitely tell some of my friends in law school about theses!
My fiance and other friends have used Meetup in Chicago. It's really great and totally legit. At least it is around here.
And screw that craigslist guy. Why not post something similar and go one step further - suggest a date and/or location for the meet-up. I'll bet you'll get a similar response as he did and you can just move forward while he waits for 23, 24, ... still waiting.
Post a Comment