My favorite season is back- FOOTBALL SEASON! From now until February BF and I will be glued to the tv watching the Patriots (BF) and the Eagles (me). The Eagles aren't played a lot here in MA (silly AFC region), but yesterday I found a live webcast for my computer.* It's free and because our wireless connection is pretty fast, the streaming video was really good. It will suffice for the season.
My only issue? I don't think that I am going to make it to an Eagles game this year which is going to make me cry. I have been to at least one Eagles game since 2001- including three playoff games when I lived in Philly. I have been booed by fans of teams such as the Redskins, Broncos, Giants, and Bears for proudly heading into their stadiums with my Eagles jersey (and NO it is NOT pink). Two years ago I was so worried about not being able to make a game that for my birthday BF flew me down to New Orleans for the weekend and we went to the game with one of his friends.
For the most part, other fans are pretty nice...although I did almost get in fight with a 16 year old girl while at the Eagles/ Broncos game. You see, BF and I had been on about 5 or 6 dates at this point. We drank (a lot) tailgating. About two-thirds of the way through the game, the Eagles started to come back. We were sitting in a whole row full of Eagles fans so we were obviously cheering. Some hoochie 16 year old girl stood up and yelled "sit down" at our row. So I yelled back "no YOU sit down bitch!" Uhhh then her father stood up and looked back at us. Luckily, no punches were thrown and I got out of there safely. Looking back on it now, I'm not quite sure why BF continued to date me after that....
*If you don't follow football at all my Eagles KICKED ASS, beating the Rams 38-3. I was quite the happy camper.
2 comments:
New England fans must especially hate you now that Brady went and injured himself. At least his face is still pretty. =)
ummm...how did I not know this about you? I'm born and raised in Philly. E-A-G-L-E-S....EAGLES!
Post a Comment