BF and I had a bit of a scare Saturday night involving fuzzy britches. The day started out just fine...we got to sleep in a little bit before heading out to the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival. We were a little worried about the weather, but had nice and sunny weather for the hour that we were there to eat lobster, lobster, clams, and more lobster. Yum. :-)
We then headed out to the birthday party for the two year old. We were a bit disappointed in that the inflatable house that we were promised? Was the small kind...so no adult play time in the house. So sad. So at the party? I was one of three or four women of child-bearing age that was NOT pregnant. It was very weird. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that I am not pregnant right now as you know, marriage needs to come first with BF, and hopefully at least a year of two of newlywed bliss before thinking about kids.
BF and I got the kid these. They make funny sounds when you punch things. (Nothing like promoting violence in a two year old!) Actually, BF always has a great time picking out toys for kids (including his niece and nephew). As I was standing in line at the pharmacy counter, he kept punching me with the Hulk Hands, giggling. The woman behind the counter gave me a knowing look.... something like "do they ever grow up?"
After about two hours of watching Tropical Storm Hanna pour buckets of water on us after the birthday party, BF and I decided to drive home. There were definitely times on the highway that I was going 40 mph because I couldn't see a damn thing. After making it home safely, BF decided to take fuzzy britches out. Fuzzy britches then noticed a huge toad (about the size of a fist) hopping outside. So what does fuzzy britches do? Of course bounds over to it and puts in in her mouth. Almost immediately, fuzzy britches realizes that no, the toad does NOT taste good and her mouth starts foaming. I have never seen fuzzy britches foam before.
BF and I were a little worried with the reaction, so I ran inside to check on the internet. Some sites said not to worry, some sites said that dogs can die within 30 minutes of licking a toad because they have poisonous toxins on them to keep predators away. So I try to pour water down fuzzy britches throat while BF is trying to call vets (at 10pm on a Saturday night). Luckily, BF got ahold of someone and was told that we have no poisonous toads in MA, but we were a little worried. After using a wet washcloth to wipe out fuzzy britches mouth, the foaming calmed down. Here's hoping that fuzzy britches has now learned her lesson to not pick up toads in her mouth!!!
1 comment:
Well I'm glad fuzzy britches survived this lesson in life!
Post a Comment